The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Cool Morphs to breed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Redshift Spec Posted - 13/05/2012 : 15:01:46
Alright Guys and Gals,

I'm looking into getting into breeding and I was wondering what morphs would be a good one to try and get to breed, obviously I'd like to break even with the offspring but that isn't majorly important.

Any Ideas?

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tasha89 Posted - 17/05/2012 : 23:42:40
I only have the one stripe so ill have to keep some back from thr batch then i take it?
eeji Posted - 17/05/2012 : 21:02:16
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha89

What do i have to do get stipes back?

Both parents need to be either het or homo stripe
Tasha89 Posted - 17/05/2012 : 11:27:51
Tyhanks for all of your help!

What do i have to do get stipes back?
Dancross0 Posted - 16/05/2012 : 19:06:11
quote:

Thanks im planning to keep the females from the clutch anyway...just out of interest i have a stiped carolina, if i bred him with the anertheristic female what would that bring out?

As above. Keep a couple back for more normals, anerys, stripes and anery stripes.

Breeding your snow to the anery will get you anerys het amel, and snows and anerys when you breed them back again...
mkmattyk Posted - 16/05/2012 : 18:29:26
yeah sorry i read anery wrong
Georgina Posted - 16/05/2012 : 17:56:41
Normals het for anery and stripe
mkmattyk Posted - 16/05/2012 : 17:46:46
carolina het strip, amel
Tasha89 Posted - 16/05/2012 : 17:25:53
Thanks im planning to keep the females from the clutch anyway...just out of interest i have a stiped carolina, if i bred him with the anertheristic female what would that bring out?
Dancross0 Posted - 16/05/2012 : 16:09:43
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

Yep, simple ressesive.

If you breed 2 lavenders together, you would get lavenders back.

If you breed 2 normal het lavenders together, you would get normal with no hets (1/4), normal het lavender (2/4) and lavender (1/4).

I quite like the lavender morph, makes some nice snakes with hypo and anery mixed in...

Thanks, i no about breeding but not about the genetics invloved lol ive bred him with an anertheristic this year so ill have to sit tight to see what hatches out of the eggs!

Unless there are any hidden hets, you should get normals het lavender anery hypo. Breed 2 of the offspring together and you'll get some lovely stuff out the other end; lavenders, anerys, ghosts, hypo lavs, and lavender ghosts. Still mostly normals, but there will be some suprises!
Tasha89 Posted - 16/05/2012 : 15:47:05
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

Yep, simple ressesive.

If you breed 2 normal het lavenders together, you would get normal with no hets (1/4), normal het lavender (2/4) and lavender (1/4).

I quite like the lavender morph, makes some nice snakes with hypo and anery mixed in...

Thanks, i no about breeding but not about the genetics invloved lol ive bred him with an anertheristic this year so ill have to sit tight to see what hatches out of the eggs!
mkmattyk Posted - 16/05/2012 : 15:41:24
plus aswell ATM they are only selling females and the males later on, its to maintain the rareness of that gene (sorry if sounded dumb then, had mental block) lol
mkmattyk Posted - 16/05/2012 : 15:39:18
no pallmetto is resessive like all the others.. the only 2 i known of that are dominant are buff and tessera. both expensive lol
QueenVic Posted - 16/05/2012 : 14:33:33
quote:
Originally posted by mkmattyk

although i had thought of going to bank of mum and dad to see if they could lend me the money so i can purchase one but it would be a massive face ache to import

true, but well worth it I guess.
Is it a dominant gene? like tessera
if it is the prices will drop rapidly as more and more of them are produced.
I would love one, but couldn't justify spending that much money on one.. unless it could be bred to produce palmetto hatchies..
QueenVic Posted - 16/05/2012 : 14:28:13
oh my goodness!

I only found the price in dollars and I don't know the exchange rate, but it's in the thousands!
Jeez.. that's unbelievable.
mkmattyk Posted - 16/05/2012 : 14:25:01
although i had thought of going to bank of mum and dad to see if they could lend me the money so i can purchase one but it would be a massive face ache to import
mkmattyk Posted - 16/05/2012 : 14:23:25
just google how much they are queenvic MASSIVE LOL X
QueenVic Posted - 16/05/2012 : 13:04:47
Why have I never heard of Palmetto??

WOW just looked on Ians viv and they are utterly amazing!
The hatchie is soo cute
Dancross0 Posted - 16/05/2012 : 11:37:47
Yep, simple ressesive.

Tasha89 Posted - 16/05/2012 : 10:58:35
How are lavenders a simple ressesive snakes if they are so rare to get a hold of and hard to breed to get a lavender back?
Georgina Posted - 15/05/2012 : 21:19:05
i would be very surprised if you got hold of a palmetto!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000