The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Amel+What?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Redshift Spec Posted - 08/05/2012 : 14:40:05
Alright guys,

I'm making a foray into breeding boas in a few years but I was wondering if there was anything I could breed to my corn that'll have cool results. I'm not going to be seriously thinking about it for a while, more curious than anything
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Isoldael Posted - 09/05/2012 : 00:23:54
Thing with "incest" is that there's a higher chance of genetic problems (goes for any species, not just corn snakes). It's a risk you take. Personally I'd try to avoid it as much as possible.
mikeyd_26 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 00:03:31
breeding from the same line is ok to a point i personally would not go further than 3 genarations
others will say more and some will say not at all.

Redshift Spec Posted - 08/05/2012 : 22:18:27
Sooo Incest is ok? :p. Ok then, being as I'll have an amazing excuse to get me a nice pair of corns (my collection is expanding exponentially atm.... It is Awesome!) What should I get that could give me some cool morphs. My lady wants Motley in the equation so it'll have to include that. To be honest this project is going to be hers.

I think I'll leave Frank, he was my first snake and I don't wanna pimp him out like a.... well you get my drift :)
Dancross0 Posted - 08/05/2012 : 20:27:24
Other than that, the best thing I can think of to breed him with would be a snow (amel, anery), or an opal (amel, lavender).

There seem to quite a few of them about, and they might show up some hidden hets...
Dancross0 Posted - 08/05/2012 : 20:14:22
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

if it was me ( which im planning on doing with my amel shelly) id put a morph across frank that u like and keep a few back specially if u keep a few back like one or two males and same with females. so im putting my bloodred male across my amel. as far as i no my amel isnt het for anything however there was a point she may be het diffused. so even if she isnt i keep a few babies back and put them back to each other. and this is where it gets exciting

bloodred het cinder and hypo x amel

= normals het diffused poss het amel cinder hypo

so when breeding them back i may get

amel cinders,diffused cinders, diffused amels, hypo amels, hypo cinders ,hypo amel cinders...... i cant wait to start this one. so just pick something u like and think of the results

That'll be Normals het amel diffused 50%ph cinder hypo ;)

Breeding two of the offspring back would net mostly normals, diffused, amel, and fires. And there is a chance of getting amel cinders, diffused cinders, etc, but you wouldn't know if the hets were there...
marc_sg Posted - 08/05/2012 : 19:07:21
if it was me ( which im planning on doing with my amel shelly) id put a morph across frank that u like and keep a few back specially if u keep a few back like one or two males and same with females. so im putting my bloodred male across my amel. as far as i no my amel isnt het for anything however there was a point she may be het diffused. so even if she isnt i keep a few babies back and put them back to each other. and this is where it gets exciting

bloodred het cinder and hypo x amel

= normals het diffused poss het amel cinder hypo

so when breeding them back i may get

amel cinders,diffused cinders, diffused amels, hypo amels, hypo cinders ,hypo amel cinders...... i cant wait to start this one. so just pick something u like and think of the results
mkmattyk Posted - 08/05/2012 : 18:37:06
the best thing you could do would be to get another amel that you know has alot of hets and mate them and if anything else comes out other than amels then thats what hets they share
Redshift Spec Posted - 08/05/2012 : 18:29:52
Hmm might have to get 2 more corn snakes for breeding then ;)
gmac Posted - 08/05/2012 : 17:27:06
Not if its an amel based morph. All would then be amels
Georgina Posted - 08/05/2012 : 16:45:31
the only thing with getting a different morph is that you will get a percentage normals, which sadley as beautiful as they are are hard to shift x
kev 5 Posted - 08/05/2012 : 16:42:03
you can look on ians vivarium morph guide. look for snakes with amel in their make up then you would get hatchlings that we're amel with hets
Georgina Posted - 08/05/2012 : 16:38:23
well you could breed him with an amel and get well....amels.

other wise maybe a dominant gene like tessera.
Redshift Spec Posted - 08/05/2012 : 16:34:06
Aaah, He isn't het for anything :/
Georgina Posted - 08/05/2012 : 14:46:58
depends on hets really, if you put frank with a random female you will just get normals x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000