The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 just candled my eggs forvthe first time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 07/05/2012 : 21:33:45
as most of u no my eggs been incubating for the last 66 days and one has been collapsed for nearly two weeks. well i just bought a mini led key ring torch and candled them. every egg has veins all over them and a large dark spot at the bottom does this mean that the all fertile
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
QueenVic Posted - 08/05/2012 : 12:50:39
Haha
I'm too impatient for breeding snakes really lol, but the results are worth it aren't they

My first clutch (last year) took 62 days to start pipping, n the last one didn't hatch until about 2 weeks later!
These are at a much steadier and higher temp than last years though, so they should hatch at about the same time!
marc_sg Posted - 08/05/2012 : 12:46:53
yeah i will do i do the looking thru the glass thing about 8/9 times a day lol
QueenVic Posted - 08/05/2012 : 12:23:50
Exciting stuff :D
A couple of mine have just started to collapse inward today, they're only 49 days old though! added more water etc but I don't think it's because they are dehydrated.. Might just have been a quick clutch :)

I just keep looking in through the glass half expecting half hoping that something will have happened, but nothing major yet.

Keep us posted on how your eggies are doing!
marc_sg Posted - 07/05/2012 : 22:09:16
i always take advise. lol it has put my mind at rest but now im more egg-cited to see them hatch.lol sorry about the play of words
yola Posted - 07/05/2012 : 21:41:52
Ahhh you took my advise then. Yes if there pinky, have veins and movement there are fertile.
Bad eggs go yellow and dark and will collapse, you cant see anything in them atall.
Im glad your mind is now at rest and you knoe there ok

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000