The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 HELP

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cornynick27 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 19:53:02
So, I put the my male in with the female around 6-7 weeks ago, kept him in there for around 4-5 days, then 3 weeks after she had her pre lay shed. All going well so far, or so we thought.

2 weeks after her shed, she escapes, now because she has been known to escape from her enclosuire before, a weight was placed on the roof to keep it secure, but.. without me knowing she managed to force her way out, possibly causing damage to herself and to the eggs she was hopefully carrying.

So after the pre lay shed it's supposed to take around 1-2 weeks for her to lay? This obviously was a speed bump in the road, she did lay eggs, three of them, a further 2 weeks after the escape.

One looked alright, tried to incubate but it deflated within the first two days, the other two were yellow and mis shaped and doomed from the start.

It's been around a week since she laid those eggs, and she isn't feeding, so now im asking the question of, is this normal for them not to eat after laying? But im also considering that she may still have eggs to lay that she is holding back, possibly due to her escapaid around the bedroom or for some unknown reason!

ANY comments, thoughts, advice on what I should do from now would be very much appreicated. She is a lovely snake and wouldn't want somehting to happen that could be prevented.

Thanks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cornynick27 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 22:53:43
Just to add, she didn't lay in the lay box, silly thing!
Cornynick27 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 22:51:54
Yeah there has been one in there, and guess what at around 10 she layed, just one egg, may be some more to come but the egg is in the incubator now! Fingers crossed it does alright, it looked in good condition compared to her slightly dud ones earlier in the week!
Georgina Posted - 26/04/2012 : 21:09:14
Should you not put a lay box in?
Cornynick27 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 21:06:12
After watching her for around 20 mins, definate movement down that end, she is lifting her tail up and it's gotten really enlarge over the last 20 mins, so fingers crossed she can get them out by herself. Thanks for your advice though, will be my 1st call if she doesn't lay tonight!
eeji Posted - 26/04/2012 : 20:57:20
I'll echo Gmacs advice, if there is any possibility of her still having eggs inside you should get her to a vets.
Cornynick27 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 20:41:16
She has been moving round the aspen in her enclosure for the past couple of hours or so creating a mound in one corner, and at her rear end it has suddlenly become fatter suggesting she's about to lay? Im no expert but it wasn't like it yesterday
gmac Posted - 26/04/2012 : 20:21:10
would go to the vets with her, if she has any eggs left she should have passed them by now.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000