The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Heat source for incubator

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cornynick27 Posted - 23/04/2012 : 12:12:37
First time breeder, just wanted some feed back on incubating and what im planning to do. Im going for the poly box approach with the egg box raised off the floor with two bricks to allow air circulation, the heat source im going to use is a fish tank heater set at 28, now I know people have done this and all their batches have turned out succeful with both corns and beardies.
Another thing, when incubating, do you have to change the vermiculite substrate the eggs will be on? Or will it be fine for the duration?
Any oter good tips will be welcome :)
Cheers for any feed back, will be much appreciated!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
simonw Posted - 26/04/2012 : 13:04:36
I have the same set up as Eeji, but with heat source below (egg box raised about 3 inches above - not touching). Works as well.
eeji Posted - 24/04/2012 : 20:26:39
i've never tried any other method so can't compare, its just the way that works for me.
Cornynick27 Posted - 23/04/2012 : 22:15:40
So do you believe it best to have the heat source above the eggs?
eeji Posted - 23/04/2012 : 21:49:35
I use a poly box with a heat mat taped to the lid. Substrate inside the egg boxes is vermiculite with a layer of damp moss over the eggs. The only maintenance I need to do is replace the moss every now and then as it dries out.
Isoldael Posted - 23/04/2012 : 19:27:13
Personally I use vermiculite only and when it gets too dry, I spray a little (but not on the eggs)
Cornynick27 Posted - 23/04/2012 : 18:45:18
Yeah will do! Any tips on keeping it at the humidity same level? Will I need to spray inside the box? or maybe lay spagnum moss inside?
Isoldael Posted - 23/04/2012 : 12:20:59
Personally I use the same vermiculite, I just add a bit more and check the humidity before sealing it off for incubation :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000