The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 prenatal shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 11/02/2012 : 21:20:50
my female amel has gone into shed finally. she has been in continuous locks every weekend since beginning of january.till a week ago. how long after till she lays her eggs roughly. is it about 10-14 days
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marc_sg Posted - 12/02/2012 : 22:45:01
i do 3 days in 4 days out. although i take him out after an hour and half.i also use news paper as a substrate when breeding. although really they should be supervised its easier to know if it was successful because after there will be a little drop of excess snake cum on the paper. this is just where he pulls out and some escapes. thats the way i was told to do it and its work two years on the trott
paulie78 Posted - 12/02/2012 : 19:55:24
Thanks for humouring my stupid question thinking about it it probably would have been simpler if id asked would an earlier shed be an indicator for a gravid snake lol but for some reason that didnt occur to me earlier i only wondered because mine and a friends snake are together atm and we arent sure how to tell if a succsefull mating has occured or when we should seperate them lol
marc_sg Posted - 12/02/2012 : 17:21:35
thats ok then incubator is going on tomorrow and the nest box is now in place for her
marc_sg Posted - 12/02/2012 : 16:57:23
i think its just where she get alot fatter when carrying the eggs its the shed before she lays. because she shed two years ago and then laid eggs without mating. last year she shed they laid witb mating so i dont think it matters about if or not its a succesful mating. obviously if she didnt successfuly mate then she would hang out a bit longer so i suppose yes and no.
paulie78 Posted - 12/02/2012 : 12:58:28
Stupid question but is a pre natal shed something that occurs after a succesfull mating or is it just a regular shed at the usual time that just happens to be called a pre natal shed as its their last before they lay ?
marc_sg Posted - 12/02/2012 : 09:11:55
thats ok then incubator is going on tomorrow and the nest box is now in place for her
marc_sg Posted - 11/02/2012 : 22:28:30
gmac Posted - 11/02/2012 : 21:57:43
anything upto 10 days from shed

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000