The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 My Corn Snake is looking for a mate!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tara-looloo Posted - 02/02/2012 : 22:11:30
Hi All, My lovely Corn Snake is looking for a mate, so Im searching for a femail for him. He has a very good temperament and is a very healthy and friendly snake.

Can anyone help?

I live in centeral London.

Many thanks
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tara-looloo Posted - 05/02/2012 : 15:20:53
Thanks for joke ;)
CentricMalteser85 Posted - 05/02/2012 : 02:40:32
lmao! i think because it's so obvious thats what makes it funny,
marc_sg Posted - 04/02/2012 : 20:49:31
oh my god lol simple but a smile appeared on my face lol
Auld Baldy Posted - 04/02/2012 : 17:56:18
OK. You have been warned. Start groaning.

What make of car would a snake pimp drive?

A Shelby Cobra of course.
Tara-looloo Posted - 04/02/2012 : 10:33:57
Me too!
marc_sg Posted - 04/02/2012 : 02:15:56
i wanna hear the joke lol
Auld Baldy Posted - 03/02/2012 : 20:54:40
I could make a joke about a snake pimp but it is so bad that it made even me cringe.
Sta~ple Posted - 03/02/2012 : 19:57:02
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

unless you have a morph that would make a good project with someone looking for similar genes then the chances of someone lending you a female are extremely low.

I have to really second this, most corn breeding outcomes really, realy don't seem worth it.

You snake will be fine if he dies a virgin :P
Katie.Dublin Posted - 03/02/2012 : 19:38:08
Don't feel sorry for him! They are all the same. He's not in pain or anything! Chances are he'd be worse if he got a taste for it anyway ............AND you should really consider yourself lucky....at least he can't hump your leg like a horny dog can!
Tara-looloo Posted - 03/02/2012 : 19:28:15
Thanks you all for advices. I think I should just wait for him to become relax. At least i tried but i understand that it is a very deficult and risky process and almost impossible. Poor him :(
CentricMalteser85 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 19:11:38
completely agree

to borrow a snake is ridicolous because I for one would never allow it

I sell my fully mature snakes to my mate who is the breeder, we dont share or borrow and he has the full set up

You need a full setup for a female, unfortunatelt snakes do not have the same emotions as a human when they are satisfied after sex (tho come to think of it, some humans arent either lol)

You have to take a lot into consideration and would advise you against this

quote:
Originally posted by mkmattyk

id be worried about where you going to put the female after..... anyone correct me if im wrong but i dont think you can just keep the male in with the female while she is gravid, and when she lays her eggs

eeji Posted - 03/02/2012 : 19:10:51
unless you have a morph that would make a good project with someone looking for similar genes then the chances of someone lending you a female are extremely low.
mkmattyk Posted - 03/02/2012 : 16:58:52
id be worried about where you going to put the female after..... anyone correct me if im wrong but i dont think you can just keep the male in with the female while she is gravid, and when she lays her eggs
kdlang Posted - 03/02/2012 : 16:19:28
Even if he mates he is still going to be like that. They are programmed to mate as much as they can during this period and even if you had a female in with his all the time he would be constantly pestering her for nooky and that i not good for the female or the male
Tara-looloo Posted - 03/02/2012 : 14:33:00
Thanks for your reply. I just cant see him like this and enjoy :( I Want him to be happy!
kdlang Posted - 03/02/2012 : 13:41:03
If you are going to get a female for your male then you would need to quaranteen her for 3 months before you put them together anyway.

To be honest, unless you are really interested in having babies then I would just forget about breeding for now. Your male is going to be horny as are all males at this time of year. I have one at the moment who is constantly searching but that doesnt mean I am going to put one of my females in with him. It wont stop him being horny and will give me loads more work to do and possible jeapodise the health of my female. If I were you I would just enjoy seeing him out and about more as once breeding season has finished they will go back to being their usual reclusive selves
Tara-looloo Posted - 03/02/2012 : 13:38:27
Thank you very much Tordyjo ;)
tordyjo Posted - 03/02/2012 : 13:05:59
i would be more concerned not of him passing disease to another snake but another snake coming in and passing disease to him.

You can't really cohabit a male and female and there are various opinions on cohabiting anyway - not get into that debate here (worth having a look round the forum and reading the threads)

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070&SearchTerms=cohabiting

If you use the search function and type in cohabiting you'll get 5 pages worth of posts to look through. The main problems with male and female is you run the risk of the female double clutching, she'll need time to recover and regain her weight following on from laying eggs, if housed with a male permanantly he'll want to mate again possibly before she's ready, thus potentially killing her.

I know you said possibly in the future but would rather you had all the facts now to make that informed decision.

Good luck in finding a mate for your snake.
Tara-looloo Posted - 03/02/2012 : 12:48:33
Thank you so much for your replies. In fact, im seaching for a femail to borrow! If someone would like to have baby corn snakes to sell or to keep.
Having a femail as well is a very good idea, but I think its not a good idea to keep them both in the same cage.By the way this option is something that i might consider sometime later but definitely not now.

My corn snake is very healthy and I always keep him and his cage very clean. He never poo in his cage. Im kissing him all the time, im sure he has no diseas to pass, as i feel perfectly healthy. But i absolutely understand your concern.

tordyjo Posted - 03/02/2012 : 07:48:37
not that i have one for you

but are you asking to borrow someones female for him to mate with or to buy a female for him. I'm saying this as its unlikely anyone is going to lone out their female just to mate unless your male has any particular hets that would match.

Would you be prepared to take on half the hatchlings or pay for at least half the vet costs if there were to be a problem with the female getting egg bound or anything despite it not being your snake, something to consider.

You also need to consider quarintine - could you be 100% sure that the snake you introduce was not ill or carrying mites.

Might be worth trying to buy a female of your own.

I know i don't think i'd be happy loaning my female out for mating, although she's still too small at the moment

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000