The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 feeding whilst ovulating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 29/01/2012 : 00:24:28
my female sun kissed has got visual and touchable egg bumps down her belly. she refused to eat a jumbo last week today she took a medium mouse without question. last year when she laid her eggs about 6 weeks before she stopped eating. if she'll eat the smaller sizes shall i offer her smaller sizes every time she refuses.. i know having eggs inside and eating a jumbo mouse will make one bloated snakey but with the smaller sizes how often shall i offer them. shes cb08 570g and 4ft in length
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marc_sg Posted - 31/01/2012 : 20:45:53
ok cheets its feed night tonite so ill see how i get on tonight
mikerichards Posted - 30/01/2012 : 16:06:11
i meant size wise, if she wont eat a large, she may eat a medium, or small, or maybe even just a fuzzy, dont give her a platter of mice to choose from, that wont work, or it may, and she'll eat the lot!!
Can you clarify my last post bolded bit pls?
marc_sg Posted - 29/01/2012 : 21:27:26
wjen you say what ever she eats what do u mean. put multiple mice in the tank. very helpful advice thou thank you
mikerichards Posted - 29/01/2012 : 11:10:37
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

my female sun kissed has got visual and touchable egg bumps down her belly. she refused to eat a jumbo last week today she took a medium mouse without question. last year when she laid her eggs about 6 weeks before she stopped eating. if she'll eat the smaller sizes shall i offer her smaller sizes every time she refuses.. i know having eggs inside and eating a jumbo mouse will make one bloated snakey but with the smaller sizes how often shall i offer them. shes cb08 570g and 4ft in length

Is that the right way around??

I found out last year it entirely depends on their ovulation stage, my two locked and laid within 3 weeks of each other, which i wasnt expecting, but that says to me that you are looking around 2-4 weeks from ovulation to laying.
Shes not a bad weight for her size, keep an eye on it and see what it does, it should go up a little before she lays, then will drop quite dramatically depending on how many eggs she lays.
If she doesnt eat, dont keep trying her, you could always use ccf or similar in the water to keep her up on calcium and energy for laying, as thats the thing that takes the most out of them. Dont try and feed her as soon as shes laid, give her a couple of days to recover, then get food into her, whatever she will eat, double clutching nearly killed my anery last year, and did kill my amel the year before, all because they wouldnt feed inbetween.
marc_sg Posted - 29/01/2012 : 09:21:55
her parents were tested and the parents before. i no that coz the breeder is a close friend of mine
gmac Posted - 29/01/2012 : 00:31:16
same as any other snakes every week, Also has your sunkissed been tested for gazer?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000