The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Help with a breeding partner

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Loopholes Posted - 15/10/2011 : 08:18:34
Ok guys you can all see the pic of my Karma and im looking to get a breeding partner for her so they can grow up together,
What type of morph do you think I would get some sweet babys from?
If you have any ideas of what types of babys they would be could you let me know so I can google the pics complete newb at this :D
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Loopholes Posted - 20/10/2011 : 20:15:26
Thanks eeji yeah I registered on the forums and been looking at it, im still very very new to corns and got a long way to go and a lot to learn about morphs, trying to teach myself the different types, Was reading about Star gazers and that was really sad to read and watch the vids
eeji Posted - 20/10/2011 : 19:09:37
the easiest thing to do is to look at what morphs you want to achieve and then work backwards to what you can start with. The corn calculator (corncalc.com) is a great help if you have a play with it you can see what is possible and get a better idea of a good starting point.
kdlang Posted - 15/10/2011 : 22:52:57
Your welcome hun. I look forward to seeing pics of whatever snakie you chose next and living happily in it's own little tank
Loopholes Posted - 15/10/2011 : 15:38:39
Kdlang thank you I read that whole topic and posted there its defo opened my eyes up on this situation :D
kdlang Posted - 15/10/2011 : 12:22:21
If you are looking for a future breeding partner for your girl then you ideally want one that has the same genes that Karma does. I'm not entirely sure what she is from that pic but looks like a snow which is made up of anery and amel. So anything with these genes or het for these genes would work well.

Having said that, you really do not want to be getting a partner that will live with her now. As has already been said, hatchlings can be canaballistic which would almost certainly result in the death of both snakes. As they get more sexually mature, you run the risk of premature breeding which carries a high risk of killing your female. Breeding partners do not need to live together. Snakes are solitary creatures and only come together to mate, they do not have to be life partners. Have a read of this thread, it's long but well worth it if you are considering housing snakes together.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070
paulie78 Posted - 15/10/2011 : 09:56:03
You may want to have a read of the co habitating threads before you go any further its not a good idea to house hatchlings together theres a risk of cannibalism im not saying dont do it but just that you may wanna have a read first youve got a good few years before she will be ready to breed anyway

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000