The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Breeding advice please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Loopholes Posted - 06/10/2011 : 22:15:42
Ok i am looking at getting a second snake in the next couple of weeks a future breeding partner for my pink hypo snow. I was thinking about some sort of lavender what do you guys think of that?
Also when the time comes and they do the wild thing and she has eggs how much roughly am I looking at for all the bits for the eggs incubation set up.

and after that what is the best way to keep the babys strong, do i need individual heat pads and boxes for them? or is there a better and cheeper way to set it all up?
Sorry complete newb her in love with snakes and want to do things right.

Thanks in advance everyone
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 07/10/2011 : 21:02:14
if you like lavender then go for it. That would give you a good hypo snopal project to play with and once you have some babies from the pair (they should all come out as normals) and you breed them back to each other once old enough you'll have plenty of different morphs pipping out of the eggs. Have a play with www.corncalc.com and put in het amel anery hypo lavender X the same you'll get some idea of what you could see.

I use a home made poly box incubator and once the eggs are hatched the babies go into their own small individual tubs on a shelf with heat cable but a heat strip (basically a long thin heat mat) does the job just as well although you may need two of them.
mkmattyk Posted - 07/10/2011 : 10:29:56
there this link that helps
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17108
mkmattyk Posted - 07/10/2011 : 10:25:33
im abit of newb myself but i have been reading up abit and on here theres a great guide to make your own incubator, i was gunna buy one but for 100pounds, id rather make one. When i come across it ill put the post up
sly Posted - 06/10/2011 : 22:34:43
hi

well depends what you wanna go for best to get a snake with the same genetics so your snake is hypo amel anery so anything with these in would be a great place to start. But this is the best place for corns so other people with def help ya

cheers James

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000