The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 any good at genetics???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mkmattyk Posted - 16/09/2011 : 13:39:16
im buying these
(f)Low pied Granite-Het Hypo-50% Poss charcaol motley and (m)Bloodred 100% Het Hypo Anery Pied 50% poss charcoal Motley
what are the possible offspring??? i know theres a possibility of pieds but what else? cant seem to get my head round all the hets please help
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 29/09/2011 : 10:02:22
quote:
Originally posted by mkmattyk

im buying these
(f)Low pied Granite-Het Hypo-50% Poss charcaol motley and (m)Bloodred 100% Het Hypo Anery Pied 50% poss charcoal Motley
what are the possible offspring??? i know theres a possibility of pieds but what else? cant seem to get my head round all the hets please help

quote:
Originally posted by mkmattyk
TBH mikerichards my main concern is will they produce pieds??? i know i have a lower chance than with pied againist pied, but is there still that possibility??

You answered your own question. I answered the rest.
eeji Posted - 28/09/2011 : 20:44:23
statistically, yes you should get some pied sided BUT there is always the chance that you'll get unlucky and hatch none
mkmattyk Posted - 28/09/2011 : 18:31:36
TBH mikerichards my main concern is will they produce pieds??? i know i have a lower chance than with pied againist pied, but is there still that possibility??
mikerichards Posted - 16/09/2011 : 23:21:22
50% het just means the snake has a 50% chance of carrying that trait, it doesnt matter who bred them, there is no guaranteed way of knowing which ones carry the possible het, which is why they are possible hets.
mkmattyk Posted - 16/09/2011 : 14:36:47
thanks gmac, i think they will be proved kev on here breed them both from his snakes
gmac Posted - 16/09/2011 : 13:52:17
possibilities if the hets prove

Diffused , Pewter, Granite, Hypo Diffused, Hypo Pewter, Anery Pewter, Hypo Granite Diffused Platinum and possibly motley of some

if they dont prove

Diffused, Granite, Hypo Diffused, Hypo Granite

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000