The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Eggs taking ages...so confused

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
columadboi Posted - 20/07/2011 : 02:02:47
hello,

i just need some advice really. i had a batch of eggs a little while ago and 90 days later they still have not hatched.

i have done the incubater with a poly box just like the ones on the website.

The heater is set to 28c and comes on as and when it needs to with the sensor.

i have recently had a seconded batch which seems to look good.

so yeah i just need a little advice and help really as im not sure its ment to take this long.

thank you all in advance
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tordyjo Posted - 27/07/2011 : 07:23:33
congrats on the new additions and pics are a must
columadboi Posted - 27/07/2011 : 00:16:43
hello all,

just a little update on how they are getting on.

i have now had 10 baby corns hatch and have recently had their first number 2 and number 1 (like you wanted to know that lol).

Now im just waiting for them to have a first shed so i can feed them :) cant wait :).

so overall im very pleased with how its worked out and i still have 3 eggs left so fingers crossed.

regards marcus

ps i will try and upload some pictures for you all to see very soon.

gingerpony Posted - 21/07/2011 : 12:16:49
congrats on the hatchies
might be worth double-checking the temp inside the bator with a different thermometer as usually a longer incubation period is indicative of slightly lower temps
columadboi Posted - 21/07/2011 : 01:08:30
yeah im quite suprised but i am soo happy they are hatching. so far from what i can see they look like really nice colours so i will get some pictures once they have come completly out.

thank you, the eggs are huge lol so i prosume the rest will slowly follow suit.
thistle Posted - 21/07/2011 : 00:55:53
That's amazing that they are hatching after all this time. I hope the rest of them are ok and make sn appearance soon.
columadboi Posted - 21/07/2011 : 00:46:05
right today i have had a look at them and two have their heads poking out so thats a good sign.

i have 13 eggs left from the first batch which i have 11 left after these two have now hatched.

All the eggs look heathy and are not slugs... strangely enough i have never had any slugs from her so they are very good at what they do ;) lol. jokes aside i spay them every other day and did have a couple that went mouldy so i had to get rid of them because they had little bugs eating them so i separated all the eggs to prevent contamination and has worked a treat.

This is the first time i have incubated them this way so i was worried when they wernt hatching.
gingerpony Posted - 20/07/2011 : 14:21:43
are they definitely fertile eggs not slugs that you're incubating?
at 28*C and 80%+ humidity you'd expect them to hatch around the 60 day mark

do you have any pics of them?
KITTYCAT Posted - 20/07/2011 : 08:53:25
hi , i wouldnt panick aslong as the eggs look healthy they should hatch really soon i think i have heard of some taking 12-14 weeks to hatch it all depends on temps, moisture conditions. good luck.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000