The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Disease

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JaeWright Posted - 07/07/2011 : 19:26:39
HI
I was just wondering what the Disease is called that corn snakes get? I heard that the female can have it all her life and not be effected but while breeding if the male catches it, it could kill him? what is this decease and what are the chances of it happening if i buy 2 corn snakes from different people, and breed them.

Any informstion will be mucvh appreciated.
Jae Wright
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 08/07/2011 : 18:38:44
its not something I've ever heard about :S
Kehhlyr Posted - 08/07/2011 : 00:06:42
Is there a chance you could have heard about IBD??
That's a disease that can affect boas and pythons VERY badly. But seemingly only seems to flair up or get noticed if the 2 have been in close proximaty.
mikerichards Posted - 07/07/2011 : 20:35:45
do you mean some kind of sexually transmitted disease? i havent heard of anything like that at all.
there are many diseases about, some of which can be transmitted through contact, not neccessarily sexual contact though.
The main ones are RI which is a respiratory infection, not sure how contagious it is though, but potentially spread through contact.
Scale rot, which is actually a fungal infection, requires constant damp and warmth to survive, potentially infectious, but unlikely to ever show unless husbandry is really bad.
there are other viral infections too, but for the most part very very rare.

The only sexually transmitted infection you are likely to get is pregnancy! however, that is rarely passed from female to male!
JaeWright Posted - 07/07/2011 : 20:21:24
someone said something to me about it before, it maybe a load of rubish but needed to be sure :) so if i got a snake from one person and another from someone else that have never breed before, providing there the right size, would it be fine to breed them?
JaeWright
gingerpony Posted - 07/07/2011 : 20:14:40
not heard of anything like that.........
Kehhlyr Posted - 07/07/2011 : 20:11:44
Fixed typos.

I'm not sure of what you mean, where did you hear about it?
JaeWright Posted - 07/07/2011 : 19:34:13
yes typical mistake! i do mean disease :)
tordyjo Posted - 07/07/2011 : 19:32:38
i'm sorry i can't help, i'm hoping you mean disease and not decease?? disease = illness, decease = death

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000