The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Breeding pair.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dannyboy Posted - 09/06/2011 : 21:27:31
Hiya im new to this forum my names Danny i have a 3 year old carolina corn snake its about 3 years old about 3 foot so is big enough and old enough to breed i think. Ive read many books on breeding and everything the only problem is i dnt have a male i was wondering if there was anyone on this forum who has a male and was willing to allow me 2 use him to breed. I live in north east so would have 2 be local any help would be great.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dannyboy Posted - 12/06/2011 : 01:01:13
Ye i completely understand but as i said im not really into the selling part of breeding i kno thats sound mental lol. Ill probably just end up buying a new setup and a male tbh.
eeji Posted - 11/06/2011 : 23:13:41
you will struggle finding anyone to loan you a male because all you will get is normal babies. The general 'thing' that goes with shared breedings is that each person gets half the clutch, and theres not many people who will want a potential 10+ normals that will only sell on for a fiver a piece.

You will struggle to find anyone with a decent morph to loan you because again it will be normals het that morph - they will be looking for people with compatible morphs if theres any loaning to do.

Harsh, but true :(
Dannyboy Posted - 10/06/2011 : 12:00:51
I live in Billingham just outside Middlesborough. Not really no.
gingerpony Posted - 10/06/2011 : 07:46:30
where about in the north east are you? and are you after any particular morph male?
Dannyboy Posted - 09/06/2011 : 22:11:02
Well then i would sell a few. My mams boyfriend owns lizards so im sure i could get him interested lol. The thing with snakes is if you can get people interested they cant resist snake are so alien to us people just get drawn in they are fascinating to watch.
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/06/2011 : 22:06:48
Even if you end up with 20?!
Dannyboy Posted - 09/06/2011 : 21:58:00
No not that i know of. Tbh im not realy after selling the hatchlings you see i have 3 brothers and they all have owned snake so i would just share them out between us so im not that interested in the financial prospect of breeding.
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/06/2011 : 21:48:23
That fine then, like I said, not trying to put you off, just never know by looking at a screen how much knowledge about it there was!!

So does your female have any hets?
Dannyboy Posted - 09/06/2011 : 21:47:04
Ye i understand it would be hard like. Ill take your advice on board. Ive bred snakes before but when i went in the army i had to give them up (really hard to do lol).
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/06/2011 : 21:35:59
Your best off getting another setup and another snake tbh, not many people are up for lending out males.

I would urge you to consider the breeding side of things *very* carefully though- are you able to afford vets fees if it goes wrong, are you prepared to make a large loss on the babies, are you equipped to deal with up to 20+ snakes for what could be many months..... etc etc.

I'm not trying to put you off (honest) but breeding is a huge commitment and needs alot of thought, especially when producing for poor markets, like the corn one.

Does your female have any known hets? If so, your best best to try and boost sales is to get a male that is either visual/het the same genes, in the hope of getting visual (morph) offspring.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000