The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Cornsnake laid 28 eggs :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mnementh Posted - 24/05/2011 : 14:00:18
Heya , actually she laid 32 but 4 were slugs . She's doing fine , took a small mouse the next day , now she's out and about , she looked tired out poor thing , this was on the 15th .

and here in the S.I.M

Not sure on all the possibilities but the hets are

female Hypo het lavender , amel , ph anery
Male Hypo het lavender , amel , motley , ph anery

both 06

So I'm expecting hypo's , lavenders , opals I believe , if anyone can shed any light on what else I would happy , cheers :)

***oversized sig removed by GP, http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15428***
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tordyjo Posted - 29/05/2011 : 11:09:58
just looking at it something similar could be made out of an electric steamers baskets and lids obviously no as neat but could be cheap if picked up at a car boot
mikerichards Posted - 29/05/2011 : 11:02:38
quote:
Originally posted by Mnementh

They are imported from the U.S , retail at around £20 , but if the hatch rates are so succesful why not :)

http://www.squamataconcepts.com/

can be bought at lizardplanet.co.uk

I agree, if it works then its great, if i end up breeding corns again, which is likely, then its something i will look into, however, i have a good hatch rate with perlite and poly boxes, so i am not too fussed, i can cope with losing a couple out of 100 eggs.
I lost one out of this clutch, and i am pretty sure that was down to him not cutting the egg, as i cut him out (already dead) and he was perfectly formed, albeit with a couple of small kinks, natural selection most likely.
Invalid User Posted - 27/05/2011 : 14:38:25
I will be very interested to see how you get on.

Good luck with the eggs :D
Mnementh Posted - 27/05/2011 : 14:30:47
They are imported from the U.S , retail at around £20 , but if the hatch rates are so succesful why not :)

http://www.squamataconcepts.com/

can be bought at lizardplanet.co.uk

Invalid User Posted - 27/05/2011 : 14:24:18
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

As much as i try, i just cant get my brain to work out what S.I.M means! what is it??

ta

Suspension Incubation Method
mikerichards Posted - 27/05/2011 : 14:21:23
that sounds interesting, i would certainly be interested in hearing more about it.

As much as i try, i just cant get my brain to work out what S.I.M means! what is it??

ta
Mnementh Posted - 27/05/2011 : 12:13:32
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Nice clutch! big clutches are seemingly rarer these days!
Out of interest, how are you keeping the humidity up on the eggs? i am kinda assuming the tub is sealed with them in, and nothing else!

Heya :)

The tub you see the eggs in is a S.I.M , under the gridded shelf you see the eggs on is the vermiculite / water , it's 99% humidity , but the S.I.M keeps the eggs from lying in too damp conditions etc , the eggs will take in whatever moisture is in the air / they need , without being over wet etc .

I am using this first time round because of the 100% hatch rates associated with these and other species inc lizards etc .

Had my snakes a few years now and this is the first time I have got around to breeding , wanted it to go as smooth as possible :)

Cheers
gingerpony Posted - 27/05/2011 : 11:02:40
people seem to incubate royal and JCP eggs that way.........and i know dazb is going for 'substrate-less' incubation when (if??) his JCP lays

i just prefer the tried and tested regular vermiculite covered with spag moss myself
mikerichards Posted - 27/05/2011 : 10:46:37
Nice clutch! big clutches are seemingly rarer these days!
Out of interest, how are you keeping the humidity up on the eggs? i am kinda assuming the tub is sealed with them in, and nothing else!
Mamma Posted - 24/05/2011 : 15:11:34
keep us updated!
gingerpony Posted - 24/05/2011 : 15:03:04
congrats on the HUGE clutch!!
Mnementh Posted - 24/05/2011 : 14:55:40
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

lol I know its a female. I meant which one from your list

Hypo het lav in the list but her full hets are in the first post under the photograph of the eggs . Getting me confused :P
Mamma Posted - 24/05/2011 : 14:35:22
lol I know its a female. I meant which one from your list
Mnementh Posted - 24/05/2011 : 14:34:45
Thanks .

That would be the female laying edggs :P

My snakes are never left together , only for breeding purposes :)
Mamma Posted - 24/05/2011 : 14:29:05
Which of your corns is in the photo? Congrats on eggs

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000