The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Egg laying

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Diesel1994 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 19:11:58
Ok had my first shot at breeding this season, snake obviously starting to begin to lay, went and put her a lay box in, she layed one egg that night but now is just moving around her viv, she laid this egg only days after her pre-lay shed,
could she just lay the 1?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 13/05/2011 : 22:20:08
Thats good and well done on the getting her checked over, no harm in been over cautious. So now the big wait, see what you produce.
Diesel1994 Posted - 13/05/2011 : 21:36:39
yes the snake is now fine laid all her eggs and seems good, feeding fine and all back to normal, going to get her checked over anyway though
gmac Posted - 13/05/2011 : 21:14:11
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Was just a bit of business related advise to someone I have discussed things with before, I'm sure Diesel1994 has no issue with me politely reminding him of something. I wasn't trying to trump GP's post just adding some specific info for him. It already lost direction I'm sure my posting did nothing to lead it astray. Far too much policing lately on friendly conversation.

Friendly conversations are fine in their place, he has threads available for you to have friendly chats about his business, this is in the breeding topic not general topics and having to scroll through pointless posts to seek help does not help the OP.

Friendly topics off chat are stopped in some threads like this one where the condition of the snake can turn out serious.

Now keep this on track.
lotabob Posted - 13/05/2011 : 21:07:27
Was just a bit of business related advise to someone I have discussed things with before, I'm sure Diesel1994 has no issue with me politely reminding him of something. I wasn't trying to trump GP's post just adding some specific info for him. It already lost direction I'm sure my posting did nothing to lead it astray. Far too much policing lately on friendly conversation.
gmac Posted - 13/05/2011 : 21:00:53
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

As a owner of a business you really need to be smarter than to make statements of a negative nature against another company with or without just cause. Defamation/slander cases could be very costly to a small business man.

Right eggs, Mmmmm Cream Eggs! Where was I, yes, did your snake get the eggs all laid yet?

Pretty sure GP covered this but lets keep it on track, the threads about egg laying not shops etc
lotabob Posted - 13/05/2011 : 20:58:20
As a owner of a business you really need to be smarter than to make statements of a negative nature against another company with or without just cause. Defamation/slander cases could be very costly to a small business man.

Right eggs, Mmmmm Cream Eggs! Where was I, yes, did your snake get the eggs all laid yet?
gingerpony Posted - 12/05/2011 : 13:11:05
quote:
Originally posted by Diesel1994

precicely an informed choice, i am just informing members on local pet shops, as i have said in my previous posts, please, if you have nothing useful to say please dont say anything at all :), i dont know what i did wrong to you, but lets just leave it now

you informed us all of your opinion, you took this thread off topic with your random insertion of don't go to X or Y pet shops, and i fail to see how that was a 'useful' thing to post in this thread.

and just to put my opinion and experience forward, i would recommend Rothwell Pets, not a huge variety but if you want something they can get it for you, James and Dani are very knowledgeable, very experienced and very nice. i've bought from and sold to them over the past few years.

right.....back on topic, eggs!
Diesel1994 Posted - 12/05/2011 : 13:04:46
well all im guna say about rothwell pets is the only time i went there the viv with the beardies were in was full of poop
Diesel1994 Posted - 12/05/2011 : 13:00:48
precicely an informed choice, i am just informing members on local pet shops, as i have said in my previous posts, please, if you have nothing useful to say please dont say anything at all :), i dont know what i did wrong to you, but lets just leave it now
SexyBear77 Posted - 12/05/2011 : 12:56:36
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:

and btw if i were you, dont go to rothwell pets

i'm friends with Dani and James at Rothwell Pets............

(Insert awkward silence here......)

Ailsa Posted - 12/05/2011 : 12:56:36
you really shouldn't criticise pet shops/reptile shops on the basis of your own visit to them, if you have concerns about animals being kept in bad conditions then you should do the right thing and report the shop to the relevant animal welfare group, people should be allowed to make their own informed choice as to where they go, they should be able to go and see for themselves and i would much rather see with my own eyes than go by what people say but that's just me, good luck with snake eggs
gingerpony Posted - 12/05/2011 : 12:52:37
quote:

and btw if i were you, dont go to rothwell pets

i'm friends with Dani and James at Rothwell Pets............
lotabob Posted - 12/05/2011 : 01:14:47
That or she is struggling. I'd say if she hasn't them out by tomorrow its time to consider a vets trip just to be on the safe side. They will give her something to help pass the eggs and will also be able to give you an idea of how many to expect.
Diesel1994 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 23:53:21
another 3 eggs laid, maybe she just likes to take her time :P
Diesel1994 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 22:08:42
lets just say, you wudnt buy from them if you knew
Spreebok Posted - 10/05/2011 : 22:58:22
quote:
and between you and me, its a pets world have some secrets they dont want customers knowing ;)

You've peaked my interest! :O
Diesel1994 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 22:18:19
and btw if i were you, dont go to rothwell pets or its a pets world on garforth main street, animals in bad conditions, and between you and me, its a pets world have some secrets they dont want customers knowing ;)
Diesel1994 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 22:14:22
well yeh its a plastic shoebox bought from tesco, and she has laid one egg in it but no more
gingerpony Posted - 10/05/2011 : 21:27:25
yeah lol Garforth is only 5 mins from us, we're just the other side of the A1

warm and humid is good, is it a good size though? i use seed trays which are at least twice the size of the hides i usually use for my adult corns (E-T large or XL hides)

if you provide an inviting place to lay she'll hopefully use it rather than trying to hang on till she finds somewhere better
Diesel1994 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 21:06:05
and ginger pony your in ls25 too :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000