The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 my snakes refusing mice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jack the mainprize Posted - 05/05/2011 : 20:36:01
hey my pregnant cornsnake is about two weeks pregnant and is quite big considering that and i recently tried feeding her and she looked totaly un interested should i try feeding her the same mouse or a smaller one or not try at all cos im not sure
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jack the mainprize Posted - 06/05/2011 : 17:00:18
yeah i know im also incubating my freinds eggs cos hes not allowed to and they should be here withing a week :D i cant wait
QueenVic Posted - 06/05/2011 : 00:58:37
Mine stopped eating after a week or so when she was gravid. I offered her a couple but she didnt eat until a week after laying her eggs.
Dont worry too much. The eggs inside her make passing food uncomfortable. It couldnt hurt to offer her a smaller than usual mouse, but dont worry if she doesnt eat it :)

Congrats! Eggs are so exciting.
jack the mainprize Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:11:57
thanks and she hasnt shed yet but shes in desperate need of shedding cos her skin is stretched is that normal ?
Lixra Posted - 05/05/2011 : 21:05:24
When was her prelay shed? Some snakes go off food when they're gravid just before they lay, some don't. If she hasn't eaten this week, I'd try offering again next week and see if she'll take it. You can still offer her the regular sized mouse you normally do, but after she lays offer her something smaller than she normally takes as her first feed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000