The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Questions for breeders

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kdlang Posted - 02/05/2011 : 21:52:31
After my own experiences these past fews weeks and doing some research there are still a few things I am unsure about if anyone can help me.

1. When corns ovulate how long does it last for?

2. Can a white egg be infertile. If it is infertile does it usually die during incubation or can it stay white until the time it should hatch?

3. Would an egg that is yellow on one side but creamy/white on the other be fertile?

4. How do you get the moss to stick together when making a moss lid to go over the eggs. Mine always falls apart when I try to lift it.

5. What is the best hygrometer to use?

6. At what temperature do you start risking birth defects due to excess heat during incubation?

7. How big are eggs usually when they are due to hatch?

Sorry for all the questions but I am using Connies unexpected eggs as a kind of trial run for when I breed the butters. And if the one that looks good is fertile, however unlikely, I would like to give it the best chance I can.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 05/05/2011 : 00:52:31
just need some patience now KD
kdlang Posted - 05/05/2011 : 00:11:16
Hmm that could be interesting then. I hope it hatches so I can see if my incubating skills are up to scratch. Never been so worried about anything.
eeji Posted - 04/05/2011 : 18:56:21
if its still white after that long then you could almost put money on it being a good one :)
kdlang Posted - 04/05/2011 : 17:26:30
Thanks eeji.

So I have a white egg that still looks good after 3 weeks. Is that a good sign then?
eeji Posted - 03/05/2011 : 21:26:45
1. When corns ovulate how long does it last for? dunno! never paid it much attention.

2. Can a white egg be infertile. If it is infertile does it usually die during incubation or can it stay white until the time it should hatch? Infertile eggs don't last so long in the incubator, they go mouldy then start shrivelling

3. Would an egg that is yellow on one side but creamy/white on the other be fertile? yes, stick in the incubator just in case

4. How do you get the moss to stick together when making a moss lid to go over the eggs. Mine always falls apart when I try to lift it. Use sphagnum moss and don't separate it when it comes out of the bag. You'll find it falls apart more as it dries.

5. What is the best hygrometer to use? I use a digital hygrometer from eBay (unbranded)

6. At what temperature do you start risking birth defects due to excess heat during incubation? 30*C+

7. How big are eggs usually when they are due to hatch? about one and a half the size when they were layed -ish

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000