The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 What healthy eggs should look like?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oakleyman18 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 10:51:36
Hi all! I got 5 eggs laid last night (with a few more to come it seems), 3 of them were slugs unfortunately, but the other two are white and look more healthy, however they are slightly squishy, as if the calcium hasn't hardened properly. They're nearly an inch long, and about a cm across, which to me seems slightly small. I've put them in an incubator anyway, as they are better in colour, but I wanted to ask if you guys think they have a chance of surviving? Thanks!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
oakleyman18 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 13:22:16
I think its just the pic, its moist but not "wet" or dripping or anything.. Probs just the flash! Thanks for the help
gingerpony Posted - 23/04/2011 : 13:16:20
from that pic it looks like a viable egg though if that's moss the substrate looks a little too wet? difficult to tell though from a pic lol
oakleyman18 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 12:18:35
Here's a pic of one of the eggs, my hand is a little closer to the camera than the egg, but does this help with perspective? Is this roughly the right size? Thanks!

oakleyman18 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 12:05:33
I dont know why, I always thought they'd be hard.. I was careful not to squash them or rotate them at all, so they should be in the 'bator nicely. Size-wise, do they sound ok? I'll upload a pic soon!
gingerpony Posted - 23/04/2011 : 11:32:33
they ARE soft, not like a chickens eggs!
try not to move them around too much or rotate them!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000