The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Siblings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dtookey90 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 09:24:27
Hi all quick question
I have been told that I can get two hatchlings from the same clutch then put the back together after a few years to breed but I was wondering is this ok? Breeding brother with sister ??
As I have heard that some people had problems with the hatchies after doing this any advice would be brill :-)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dtookey90 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 11:43:57
Aww I'm sorry :-(
gingerpony Posted - 23/04/2011 : 11:33:59
my amel stripe was beautiful i miss her
dtookey90 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 10:30:51
Thanks guys just wanted to know as I am getting a amel stripe female and would like something to pair with her in a few years so I can produce nice looking babies from her but I haven't got a clue what lol
I know her parents are mum amel stripe and dad amel het stripe
And I would like stripes/het stripe babies I am interested in doogles granite stripe het amel hypo but this will result in normal het stripe so I have been told any Ideas what will go together as tree are not many amel stripes around at the moment
gingerpony Posted - 23/04/2011 : 10:24:57
it's not till quite a way down the line (F8 i think) that you start getting genetic problems from inbreeding but my personal thought on this is that there's so many corns around, especially hatchies over the next few months, that inbreeding just isn't neccesary

the only exception to this is when creating new morphs as the gene pool for a new morph is so tiny (often limited to one clutch) that inbreeding is the only way to reproduce it, but they should then be out-crossed as soon as is possible in order to prevent genetic defects
a33272 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 09:55:23
i think thats proberly one of the female snake equivelent of our human females "not tonight i got a headache"

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000