The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Eggs!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simonw Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:13:40
I am so happy right now. My Amelie had all but convinced me that she was not gravid until this morning, when she lay these:

I did so much reading about the process, and was getting myself so confused by the range of things that could go wrong.
For the record the only way I knew she was gravid was by her temperament. She gained a fair bit of weight, but I could never feel bumps. It's taken all day for her to drop the last couple but she's done now. Eggs are in the home made poly incubator that's been running for 2 weeks. Relief.
Only one looked obviously dud.
The far most right eggs are joined by quite a bit of egg case, so not sure how that'll turn out.
I tried several lay boxes over the last week and she cleared aside everything I tried (verm / moss).

Thanks all for the useful advice I've read to get this far!
Simon
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
QueenVic Posted - 20/06/2011 : 13:34:44
Lovely surprise
They go crazy before they lay the eggs dont they, my Espher was like she had drank too many red bulls.

I was very impressed with myself when she was gravid though, I counted 7 eggs inside her, and she laid 7 :)
though i think it's cause she was a bit too small for eggs, and they were pretty big.

Good luck anyway :D
Newbie Posted - 20/06/2011 : 06:51:25
Congratulations!
Spreebok Posted - 20/06/2011 : 00:03:24
Haha, I just noticed what it says on the box!
"Reuse Me!"

You certainly are! :D
tordyjo Posted - 19/06/2011 : 12:46:02
good luck with them, she looks happy in her celebrations tin
simonw Posted - 19/06/2011 : 12:17:19
I've just come back from a week away, and was half expecting pipping, as yesterday was the 60 day mark at 27.5 (ish).
But no, all I get is 13 more eggs! Shrivelled and sunken, I've started incubating them anyway, as I've seen that advised here.

This patience thing is wearing a bit thin now. Have to say I was far more relaxed about putting the second lot in the incubator (nothing to lose), although this time round I boiled the sphagnum moss to ensure no mould spores.
gingerpony Posted - 19/04/2011 : 08:06:02
congrats
and i'm useless at feeling eggs too!!
gmac Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:28:53
nice a lucky bag clutch, good luck
simonw Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:26:08
Thanks. Mother Amel (unknown hets), father Normal x Ghost (unknown hets), so I'll be very happy with normals, but there may be something I don't know :)
Invalid User Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:20:56
Yay! Good luck with the eggs.
gmac Posted - 18/04/2011 : 21:19:38
congrats, what you expecting from this lot

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000