The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 yoke spilling out of vent?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WillG Posted - 17/04/2011 : 11:21:47
my female started laying on friday night with three good eggs, and one more on the saturday(not sure if its good or not) but since then she seemed egg bound with clear signs of eggs at the tail. but when i checked this morning it looks like there is yoke in the nest box and her lumps have gone down. should this be cause for concern or should i be relieved she has managed to pass her eggs?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 21/04/2011 : 13:00:09
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

I would still take her for a check up. Better safe than sorry.

i second that
SexyBear77 Posted - 21/04/2011 : 12:15:50
quote:
Originally posted by WillG

sorry for the delay, everything did go ok just bejore i was going to take her to the vet i found a really weird thing in the nest box, it was long thin and yellow, it was soft but clearly had no fluid, whatever it was it was outside her and she looked pretty thin after and im sure there are no more eggs, and i saw her poo so i think im out of trouble

I would still take her for a check up. Better safe than sorry.
WillG Posted - 21/04/2011 : 11:43:12
sorry for the delay, everything did go ok just bejore i was going to take her to the vet i found a really weird thing in the nest box, it was long thin and yellow, it was soft but clearly had no fluid, whatever it was it was outside her and she looked pretty thin after and im sure there are no more eggs, and i saw her poo so i think im out of trouble
Only1Nitro Posted - 18/04/2011 : 23:09:21
Good luck hope all is well
Invalid User Posted - 17/04/2011 : 23:25:40
Good luck at the vets. Let us know how you get on.
WillG Posted - 17/04/2011 : 23:04:34
it doesn't look like she has anymore eggs left although she only laid a total of six? i gave her a warm bath and she seemed very dehyidrated and it looked like she was having contractions. whatever happens im taking her to the vet tomorrow.
eeji Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:43:21
if she's not passed any more since Friday you need to get her to a vets asap otherwise any unpassed eggs will rot inside her and is most often fatal. The quicker you can get her in, the more chance she can be helped.
WillG Posted - 17/04/2011 : 11:53:25
either that or she smothered an egg!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000