The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 When should I see the signs of eggs?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oakleyman18 Posted - 31/03/2011 : 22:34:50
Vesper (female caramel) locked with Camo (male normal) about 6 weeks ago for the first time, and I continued introducing them another 4 times and witnessed locks on several occasions. I am wondering when I should see sure fire signs of imminent egg laying? I'm waiting for a pre-natal shed, which is yet to happen. She does spend a lot of time in the moist hide i put in there for her just incase, but I really hope you guys can give me any extra signs to look out for to know that she is definitely going to lay..

How soon into the process should I feel the eggs inside her? Should I be seeing stretching this late on in the process? Please help!!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 01/04/2011 : 19:06:35
the real sign you are looking for is the pre lay shed, thats the only thing you can look for for certain.
eeji Posted - 01/04/2011 : 18:08:40
if its been 6 weeks since introducing then you should see eggs within the next two weeks. You should disturb her as little as possible, and no handling :)
gingerpony Posted - 01/04/2011 : 08:59:22
she could be starting to refuse feeds, she could feel or look lumpy and the skin is likely to be showing between her scales if she's gravid
she's likely to be towards the end of her pregnancy now (depending on how late the last witnessed lock was)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000