The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 bleeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danielmurphy90 Posted - 28/03/2011 : 19:22:55
hi people i looked in my viv and i spotted some blood on the bedding.could this be to do with breeding because i have a male and female in there please help
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
danielmurphy90 Posted - 28/03/2011 : 20:58:12
cheers thankyou for your help :)
gingerpony Posted - 28/03/2011 : 20:52:37
as there's a risk of the male's hemipenes snagging a piece of aspen as he draws it back in we personally put our breeders on paper (i like paper anyway but the OH prefers aspen so aspen it is!) with the female, as she pops her vent open for the male there's also a risk of introducing aspen so i'd check the cloacal area of both of them
if we're just talking about a few spots of blood and you've checked them both over and there's nothing obvious i'd just put it down to breeding behaviour
danielmurphy90 Posted - 28/03/2011 : 20:40:24
hi it was 2 splodges of blood. i have them on aspen bedding and i have seen them lock thats it
gingerpony Posted - 28/03/2011 : 20:36:47
it could be due to various things......what sort of amount of blood? what substrate are they on? what have you witnessed the snakes doing so far?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000