The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 What will I get?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carmichael6 Posted - 19/03/2011 : 15:51:42
Was just wondering even though they are still far too young to breed but I have Granite female and either a Normal, Carolina or Rootbeer male (can't really identify what he is yet lol may be easier when he's a lot older Hopefully anyway!) I don't know what they're parents were but was wondering what I'd get if they did breed accidentally, thanks :)
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carmichael6 Posted - 20/03/2011 : 07:42:04
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

and tbh 1/4 rat 3/4 corn hatchies are unlikely to be particularly desireable..........however rootbeer x rootbeer hatchies you could at least sell as rootbeers.....

Thank you
gingerpony Posted - 20/03/2011 : 07:24:15
and tbh 1/4 rat 3/4 corn hatchies are unlikely to be particularly desireable..........however rootbeer x rootbeer hatchies you could at least sell as rootbeers.....
eeji Posted - 19/03/2011 : 18:31:05
if he was labelled 'mega corn' then you must treat him as such and therefore any babies would also need labelling as hybrid.
Sta~ple Posted - 19/03/2011 : 16:57:45
Well unless you know someone who wants hybrids I really don't think breeding is worth it unless you want to keep the babies So many baby corns at the moment, even the popular snows and amels are now hard to find homes for. Sounds horrible but it's true.
carmichael6 Posted - 19/03/2011 : 16:54:23
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Well what did you buy them as? If it was labelled as normal/carolina then it's not going to be anything else! You'd probably just end up with normals to be honest. Not really worth breeding them unless you what what they are both het for.

It was labeled mega corn which is known as a corn/rat snake cross but I was only in debate as some people on here said he looked normal and some said he looked like a rootbeer that's why I'm not sure
Sta~ple Posted - 19/03/2011 : 16:53:35
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:

If it was labelled as normal/carolina then it's not going to be anything else!

not entirely true........you can pick up some mis-labelled bargains!

True but still, that rarely happens and the snake looks like a normal to me.

Plus why the hell would you want to breed accidently? The girl is way, way too young plus if you did get surprise eggs, you might not be fully prepare to care for the eggs nor the bad health issues that may occur to the female. Purposeful breeding can be stressful as it it!
gmac Posted - 19/03/2011 : 16:48:11
quote:
Originally posted by carmichael6

I don't know what they're parents were but was wondering what I'd get if they did breed accidentally, thanks :)

without knowing the hets from normal ad granite pair you would get normals het diffused anery

if your snake turns out to be a rootbeer and you breed it with your granite you would get a clutch of hybrids but i have no idea the hybrid morph names.

snakes don't accidentally breed they do it on purpose its what they do.

gingerpony Posted - 19/03/2011 : 16:35:06
quote:

If it was labelled as normal/carolina then it's not going to be anything else!

not entirely true........you can pick up some mis-labelled bargains!
Sta~ple Posted - 19/03/2011 : 16:15:04
Well what did you buy them as? If it was labelled as normal/carolina then it's not going to be anything else! You'd probably just end up with normals to be honest. Not really worth breeding them unless you what what they are both het for.
Invalid User Posted - 19/03/2011 : 15:58:50
Carolina and normal are the same thing, he looks more rootbeer so that means hes a hybrid so the babies would not be true corns but hybrids.

http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/rootbeer/

They won'r breed by accident if you separate them!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000