The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 mating season

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 13/03/2011 : 10:55:52
Hi during the mating season do the females peak and trough right the way through until they have mated so giving off different smells as Rhubarb tried everyway he could a few weeks ago to escape to get to her but then he settled down for a week or two but now this morning he's been out and about since 6 o'clock trying to break out again, if this is the case how long does the season generally last for.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ozziesmum Posted - 14/03/2011 : 08:05:14
Thank you Gingerpony, sorry I perhaps didn't word the question correctly. I have no intention of breeding my 2 and they are kept in separate vivs. Rhubarb is going through a second phase of desperately trying to escape to get to Custard the female and I was curious to know if this is because like mammals she gives off different smells during the mating season to attract a male mate and become gravid and that's why his behaviour changes so much. When I went into them yesterday at 6AM he was already up and trying to break out, this went on all day until finally at just gone 1AM this morning he took himself off to bed, he did have about an hours break just after he had been fed at 8PM last night. I've gone in this morning at 6AM and again he is up and planning his next attempt at escape. So how long does the mating season last for and would it be better to move his viv into a different room until then or will he finally give up his attempts.
gingerpony Posted - 13/03/2011 : 22:00:35
usually once the female is gravid she won't entertain the male's advances.......but not all males give up though and a gravid female can be constantly harrassed!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000