The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Top 10 snakes for a starter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 07/03/2011 : 23:48:55
Just a query, its a field that interests me and may be something I would consider providing I can first find the market etc.

If you was starting out and had the choice of any 10 cornsnake morphs what would you pick and in what sex? (I'm sure it takes a fair few more than 10 but just a hypothetical scenario).
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 08/03/2011 : 21:58:04
Ah there is a catch, its not just whats beautiful now but what they will make when paired.
stotty01 Posted - 08/03/2011 : 21:17:16
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Pewter,hypo plasma,blizzard,diffused cinder,gold dust,tessera,ghost bloodred,reverse okettee,carolina and abbotts okeetee.

good choice there
Mort13 Posted - 08/03/2011 : 21:06:30
Pewter,hypo plasma,blizzard,diffused cinder,gold dust,tessera,ghost bloodred,reverse okettee,carolina and abbotts okeetee.
Not sure of what sex they'd be aside from the pewter.
lotabob Posted - 08/03/2011 : 21:04:13
I agree I wouldn't consider it without first establiishing a demand, purely a theoretical question, I have no plans to breed snakes but was curious what would be the best tactical purchases if someone was to start.
Sta~ple Posted - 08/03/2011 : 20:57:51
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Breeding section, maybe not worded the best, if you were starting off as a breeder, what 10 snakes would you start with.

For some reason I thought it was in general, my bad XD

None. Having an accident breeding before any would be too much hassle. Plus there's enough homeless adults out there and even babies which puts me off... wouldn't want mine ending up like that.

Although id I had snakes with hets that would produce a butter.... I might be tempted to and keep a butter or myself.
stotty01 Posted - 08/03/2011 : 20:52:46
caramel, candycane, snow, another anery, amel stripe, anery stripe, salmon snow, tessera, butter stripe, bloodred and a amber :)
lotabob Posted - 08/03/2011 : 20:44:00
Breeding section, maybe not worded the best, if you were starting off as a breeder, what 10 snakes would you start with.
Sta~ple Posted - 08/03/2011 : 18:50:16
I don't see how morph comes into it... :/ doesn't really effect the snake, they should just have a hold and buy if they fall in love! Mine would be normals, Okeetees, Keys and Miamis. Mostly males, maybe a few girlies. I'd be too fussy over morphs.. Like any yellow morph would have to be super yellow, not a wish wash colour and no strips and stuff and I lavender that is actually lavender coloured not some kinda pale grey XD
Invalid User Posted - 08/03/2011 : 18:27:24
I'm glad I started off with my normal corn. Normals are gorgeous.

Sex of the snake im not sure yet as I have both but not at breeding age yet so not had any issues with horny males lol so they behave the same way.

I really can't pick any fave morphs, I'd have them all if I could!

Really would like a snow at some point and hopefully a lavender in a few years from one of my breeding pairs.
eeji Posted - 08/03/2011 : 18:15:58
My 'if I could only have' only has 6 corns on it, and no morphs!

1.1 locality keys
1.1 abbotts okeetee
1.1 LBR miamis

ozziesmum Posted - 08/03/2011 : 10:37:01
Speaking as a total novice and from my limited experience I love all the different morphs but sex wise as a novice and going by my 2, girls every time, Custard is super chilled out 24/7 and then there's Rhubarb the little boy, hell bent on escaping, trashing his viv, refusing to eat for weeks and being a grumpy guts now I know that it will probably all settle down when the urge to breed has calmed down but as a new mum my nerves are shredded.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000