The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Any way to STOP them breeding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
StephT Posted - 02/03/2011 : 19:27:03
We have two corns, both under 2 years old. We were told they were both male but recently they mated. We will follow all the guidelines if the female becomes gravid to try and hatch the babies, but is there any way we can keep the snakes together without them mating again? I.e. is there a temperature we can keep them at to stop the male getting frisky?! etc. We really want to avoid seperating them as they seem happy being together.
Thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 03/03/2011 : 03:12:57
once you have separated them, i strongly urge you to watch the female like a hawk, she is way too small to breed, and is likely to have complications. At the first sign of trouble, she needs to go to a rep vet, who will duely charge you an arm and a leg, and hopefully save the life of the corn you have put in danger.
StephT Posted - 02/03/2011 : 19:42:01
Ok, thanks!
Invalid User Posted - 02/03/2011 : 19:32:07
There is one way that will stop them breeding.

Seperate them!
Red123 Posted - 02/03/2011 : 19:30:53
You will only stop them breeding if you seperate them. Corns snakes are generally prefer living on their own and it is safer really.
gmac Posted - 02/03/2011 : 19:30:03
no you cant keep them together without them mating, its what they will do all year round.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000