The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 FINALLY wotsit and biscuit locked!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Benji54 Posted - 26/02/2011 : 12:06:56
really exciting times! after a year of cohabiting they have finally locked. caught em at it last night! as ive said i never sort of encouraged breeding but im so glad that nature has run its course! egg incubater on order now, second viv ready to go and biscuit will be moved into it soon. I did have a couple of questions tho, regarding the actaul mating process (never occoured to me until i actually watched it happen, its probably the most amazing thing ive ever seen!! )

one is, im 99.99% sure that was the first lock, how long should i let them stay together now before i seperate them? im thinking move biscuit out tonight (its feed day too) and give her a few days on her own then put her back in for a few days then seperate permanently. does that seem right? i know it can take more than one lock and id really like a successful breed (though there were doubts as to her fertitility before but i think that was down to improper care of the eggs by the previous owner NOT me!)

secondly, is a little bit of watery blood normal? i have rang the vets but the snake vet isnt in today. it was maybe half a teaspoon of very watery blood and there was no external damage to either wotsit or biscuit.

im really excited and really hoping everything goes well!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Benji54 Posted - 27/02/2011 : 11:59:56
haha! niiice. cheers mike. much appreciated. will keep you all posted of course. and yeah, i did notice an unholy amount of "not water" lol!
a33272 Posted - 26/02/2011 : 20:12:41
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards
and the wateryness, well, its not water!!!
[/b]

lol
mikerichards Posted - 26/02/2011 : 20:09:12
quote:
Originally posted by Benji54

really exciting times! after a year of cohabiting they have finally locked. caught em at it last night! as ive said i never sort of encouraged breeding but im so glad that nature has run its course! egg incubater on order now, second viv ready to go and biscuit will be moved into it soon. I did have a couple of questions tho, regarding the actaul mating process (never occoured to me until i actually watched it happen, its probably the most amazing thing ive ever seen!! )

one is, im 99.99% sure that was the first lock, how long should i let them stay together now before i seperate them? im thinking move biscuit out tonight (its feed day too) and give her a few days on her own then put her back in for a few days then seperate permanently. does that seem right? i know it can take more than one lock and id really like a successful breed (though there were doubts as to her fertitility before but i think that was down to improper care of the eggs by the previous owner NOT me!)

Leave them together until they are done, once the male has done the deed you can separate them, give them a day of rest, then you can reintroduce, i tend to do that a couple of times, just to be sure.

secondly, is a little bit of watery blood normal? i have rang the vets but the snake vet isnt in today. it was maybe half a teaspoon of very watery blood and there was no external damage to either wotsit or biscuit.

Its normal, the male has small hooks on the hemipenes, i guess to make sure that once in, he doesnt get dislodged by anything.
However, once he retracts, the hooks can cause a small amount of blood to be passed, that is normal, and the wateryness, well, its not water!!!

im really excited and really hoping everything goes well!

Anything else, just ask.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000