The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 16/01/2011 : 15:21:14
hi. i got a corn snake from a local reptile shop and shes a great pet, but the problem is that the guy who sold it to us, said she was 8 months old but she is about 2 1/2 foot, and my friend got a corn snake hatchling last september and his snake is no where near as big as mine.

could anybody help by giving me an estimate on how old she might be ???
much appreciated
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invalid User Posted - 16/01/2011 : 17:37:02
Hi, I had the same problem with my snake. I got him from a petshop and was told he was 6 months old. He does seem quite big for his age, he is now around 8 months old and is 26 inches long and 65g which seems big but after asking others on here about their snakes it seems they really can vary hugely.
herriotfan Posted - 16/01/2011 : 16:09:47
It's difficult to 'age' snakes because they all grow at differing rates depending on a number of things i.e how often they feed, what size meal they have etc, etc. I have two that were hatched at the same time and they are very different sizes. Do you trust what the shop told you? Do you have reason to doubt them in other ways? It's easily possible that they were telling you the truth.
And....welcome to the forum!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000