The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Couple of breeding questions.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oh How Original Posted - 04/01/2011 : 16:08:54
I have a few questions that Google has failed to come up with any definite answers to.
Firstly, do you continue feeding the female if you suspect she is pregnant?
Secondly, are there any signs she will give that she is pregnant and wants to be left alone?
Thirdly, what temperature and humidity do you keep the incubator at if you are successful?
Lastly, do you guys trust the little thermometers and hygrometers that just stick to the inside of the incubator.
I have heard they are unreliable compared to a digital one?
Just thinking of keeping my costs down too as I would be selling the babies stupidly cheap, a good home is way more important to me than money.
Thanks for reading my book lol
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 15/01/2011 : 12:03:16
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Or will have the lot for ophiophagus snakes lol!

Not heard of many, if any people keeping Kings here, would be interesting to see though!!!
people will have them for kingsnakes too, and anything else that eats other snakes!!
SexyBear77 Posted - 06/01/2011 : 23:54:45
Or will have the lot for ophiophagus snakes lol!
eeji Posted - 06/01/2011 : 23:20:18
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Are you able to look after any that don't go though? Some people won't even take them for free.

put the word 'FREE' in an ad title on preloved and you'll get swamped with idiots and numpties wanting them - but only if you can deliver!
SexyBear77 Posted - 06/01/2011 : 21:07:25
Are you able to look after any that don't go though? Some people won't even take them for free.
Oh How Original Posted - 06/01/2011 : 20:47:56
Sorry to hear Ian.
I would be tempted if they were a bit older, maybe '08s and older.
And the money doesn't really bother me, I don't mind selling them really cheap.
It's more the satisfaction of knowing I have bred snakes successfully, and also they are going to good homes.
That is reward enough for me.
eeji Posted - 04/01/2011 : 19:46:21
...as an example, I'm struggling selling corns for a tenner this year, still have loads left from August :(
stotty01 Posted - 04/01/2011 : 19:42:26
you may also when you get her out be able to feel a few bumps
Oh How Original Posted - 04/01/2011 : 17:57:28
It does help a bit yes :).
I would be more than happy to practically give them away, money isn't important to me.
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/01/2011 : 16:27:29
quote:
Originally posted by Oh How Original

I have a few questions that Google has failed to come up with any definite answers to.
Firstly, do you continue feeding the female if you suspect she is pregnant? Continue offering small prey items for as long as she will eat them- when she stops it will be because she is too full of eggs and it becomes uncomfortable
Secondly, are there any signs she will give that she is pregnant and wants to be left alone? She may become grumpy, shy or nervous to be around.
Thirdly, what temperature and humidity do you keep the incubator at if you are successful? Ideally humidity should be in the 90's and temperature around 28c
Lastly, do you guys trust the little thermometers and hygrometers that just stick to the inside of the incubator. No. Digital thermometers are good, but the hygrometers get mixed reviews, I think a fair few people just ensure the incubating medium is moist enough and go off instinct. Dial stick on ones are notoriously unreliable.
I have heard they are unreliable compared to a digital one?
Just thinking of keeping my costs down too as I would be selling the babies stupidly cheap, a good home is way more important to me than money. Depending on what morphs you are expecting, be prepared to practically give hatchlings away and make a significant loss on food and housing expenses. Also make sure you have room to keep any that don't sell, the market for corns is awful atm.
Thanks for reading my book lol

Hope that helps.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000