The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 tips on breeding .

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/01/2011 : 23:21:09
so can somebody tell me some tips about breeding corns ?? i read that corns can be breed without burmantation and so you just put the male into the female cage and waite for them to mate ?? thx
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/01/2011 : 10:09:10
thx again eeji ..... it was very helpful now i nderterstand everything :)
eeji Posted - 06/01/2011 : 20:40:48
have a read of this lot, it will save me having to type a huge reply :D

http://www.vmsherp.com/LCBreedingCorns.htm
n/a Posted - 06/01/2011 : 12:23:38
thx very much eeji .... and before the shed in february do you still kepp feeding your corns normally at the same temp and if she is gravid you nedd to feed her more often?? and what about the male - do i still need to wait for him to shed in feb ?? after her pre-lay shed you have to put the nest box in, on the warm side?? sry for all these questions but i want to bee 100 % sure . thx :)
eeji Posted - 05/01/2011 : 21:47:55
wait until after your females first shed in February and then put your pair together in a smallish empty tub. Keep your eye on them and if either snake gets too stressed remove them both immedietly. If they haven't mated within 30 minuts, remove them both. If they have mated, wait until they have finished and before you put them back into the vivs make sure the vents on both are properly closed to prevent any substrate getting stuck.

Your female will need to be > 300g, > 3', > 3 yrs old for the best results. If she is over 300g but overweight do not breed her, overweight corns are at a higher risk of becoming eggbound.
n/a Posted - 05/01/2011 : 13:07:33
simon ... can you pls tell me a any tips on breeding cornsnake without burmantation ? because i couldnt find anything good for my question !! thx
simonw Posted - 04/01/2011 : 21:56:16
Go through the archives...there's a few evenings worth of reading. Failing that just put the boy with the girl.
n/a Posted - 04/01/2011 : 21:43:52
more comments and tips will be helpfull !! thx
n/a Posted - 04/01/2011 : 13:03:05
thx gmac
gmac Posted - 03/01/2011 : 23:26:06
if you do a search, the button is on the top right of the screen or you can click my tip link in my sig. There is loads of info on breeding.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000