The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 female x male ratio

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pitcher Posted - 31/10/2010 : 17:24:56
how many females can the average male corn breed to in a season???
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 04/11/2010 : 00:09:39
the most i have heard of is about 10.
However, its always worth using the male a couple of times on the same female to ensure a good mating, all mine went together about 4 times in total.
pitcher Posted - 03/11/2010 : 13:19:38
cool 3 is what i was thinking. my stud ghost stripe is gonna be a happy bunny next spring lol. he was the one that donated the sperm for my paradox snow i got from a clutch this year so i wanna bump up my chances as much as poss for another, although i doubt i'll be so lucky:(
gingerpony Posted - 02/11/2010 : 08:51:32
i personally prefer no more than 3 girls to one male
you've got to think about timing - how long your male might not feed for, do you want your incubator running for months, do you want to be dealing with hatchies for months on end too?
if you pair him with your first female, then a few weeks off, then your 2nd female, a few weeks off, then your 3rd female.........before you know it it could be summer then by the time your last female has laid and you've incubated it could be really late in the season and really draw it out. if you had more pairings, you'd have more eggs incubating at one time, more hatchies to deal with at one time, and get them moved on more quickly and start building up your snakes after fasting (males) or egg-laying (females)
mikeyd_26 Posted - 01/11/2010 : 20:44:50
dont take this as solid advice! lol but im sure i read in kathy loves book it can be up to 7 or 8 until they run out of reserves!!!
eeji Posted - 01/11/2010 : 20:35:39
dunno about an average, but one of my males bred to 3 different girlies this year. I've no doubt he could have carried on and on! :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000