The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 holes or no holes in my container with eggs?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 18/10/2010 : 16:06:58
Hi guys
Condensation is starting to form on the lids on my containers! Should I make holes in the lids and how big?
Or should I wipe the condensation off every day? Don't want to disturb the eggs and lose al the humidity by opening the incubator!

Any help please!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 31/10/2010 : 11:19:14
the condensation is normal, its when you dont get that you need to worry about things.
Personally i have only one hole in the tub, thats for the stat probe and thermometer probe.
i open the tubs with eggs once a week, that lets a bit if air in, keeps it nice and fresh.
Try and avoid spraying the eggs with a mister as it can cause thermal shock. other than taht, just leave them be, they will be fine.
gingerpony Posted - 20/10/2010 : 13:49:05
the eggs do need a bit of fresh air so as long as the incubator isn't completely sealed the condensation should be fine. i personally cover the eggs with sphagnum moss to help stabilize temps and humidity, prevent mould and stop sondensation dripping directly onto the eggs
Tiffany-x Posted - 18/10/2010 : 18:14:19
Surely the condensation is good seeing as you need such high humidity? I mean I dont really know I dont know anything about these kinds of things but surely that should be happening?
Tiffany-x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000