The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Breeding Questions !!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AngelX Posted - 10/10/2010 : 17:40:15
I am planning on breeding my snakes for the first time, I have collected as much information as I can from this site and I have just a couple more questions I need to know :)

Do you have to wait until he last feed after hibernations has passed through the male & female's bodies before they are put together?

I have lots of left over mice for my snakes as I forgot that I was going to hibernate them so soon, so would the mice last until a couple of months later?

Any other tips would be very appreciated !!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 04/11/2010 : 21:16:40
to reiterate whats already been said, i have amels, aneries, snows, butter motleys, ghosts and hypos, i cant even get shot of them at silly prices.
dont expect anything from the babies after you have fed them.
n/a Posted - 04/11/2010 : 03:17:12
quote:
Originally posted by AngelX

I am planning on breeding my snakes for the first time, I have collected as much information as I can from this site and I have just a couple more questions I need to know :)

Do you have to wait until he last feed after hibernations has passed through the male & female's bodies before they are put together?

I have lots of left over mice for my snakes as I forgot that I was going to hibernate them so soon, so would the mice last until a couple of months later?

well im sure you do have to wait untill the snakes have passed their food and the famale has to shed before you stop cooling i think but i hope all goes well
Any other tips would be very appreciated !!

Twi Posted - 11/10/2010 : 13:52:33
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Just make sure you've got some time on your hands for the hatchies afterwards and would be happy to let them go at a loss.
In all honesty breeding can sometimes be a bit of a gamble that they'll go.

and this. I have bred amels and snows this year and am struggling to sell them for £15

Lol i'd have snapped up the female snow and a female amel if it wasnt so far away :(
gingerpony Posted - 11/10/2010 : 10:15:33
weren't there corns going for £1.50 at Donny?

just to echo other people's posts above....
breeding is a huge responsibility, the hatchies do take up a surprising amount of time and effort, and there's the equipment to buy to house them, the pinkies to buy to feed them, the hassle of non-feeders..........and there's no guarantee that you can even exchange them at your LRS for store credit - they're unlikely to buy more when they have loads already
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/10/2010 : 23:46:46
I've got baby beardies still (not a corn but still gives you an idea) that hatched in May that I simply can't shift.
Dropped them to 10 squids each and still no bites.
eeji Posted - 10/10/2010 : 22:32:50
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Just make sure you've got some time on your hands for the hatchies afterwards and would be happy to let them go at a loss.

and this. I have bred amels and snows this year and am struggling to sell them for £15
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/10/2010 : 21:33:45
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

i personally don't bother brumating corns, they breed willingly without it :)

This indeed.

eeji Posted - 10/10/2010 : 20:12:02
i personally don't bother brumating corns, they breed willingly without it :)
AngelX Posted - 10/10/2010 : 19:03:52
Okk thanks guys :)
a33272 Posted - 10/10/2010 : 18:59:25
ive never bred myself, but im sure your need to leave them a few weeks after last feed to make sure they have pasted everything in the guts before u start cooling
DannyBrown91 Posted - 10/10/2010 : 18:50:06
Afraid i can't help on the breeding side if things, but the Mice should be fine.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000