The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 a little help please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pompey666 Posted - 22/09/2010 : 23:10:01
hi guys i am planning on breeding reggie in march i have been doing alot more research now but im just alittle stuck on a couple of things i know about cooling down and warming up and feeding and everything but got alittle bit confused on temps wen they say cool it down slow to 7-18c do they mean 7 on cool end and 18 on hot end or just between 7-18c all over the viv was just wondering cause that seems like a big area what is the ideal temp for brumation period plus i know that the eggs take about 8 weeks or so but how long is snake pregnant for befor she lays and there is not much advise on what to do with the male do you just carry on with him like normal sorry for being so long winded just wanted too make sure i know everthing i can thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pompey666 Posted - 23/09/2010 : 20:56:34
ok thanks for all your help guys one more little thing what is a good size nesting box thanks again
mikerichards Posted - 23/09/2010 : 19:28:40
i brumated mine at 15 degrees, not had any issues at that temp.
eeji Posted - 23/09/2010 : 18:08:32
quote:
Originally posted by Brookestar

you need to reduce the temp to around 10c and as for the male just make sure he is fed up afterwards but shouldnt have too many problems

I agree with this, but if you can't get your temperatures as low as this then brumating can do more harm than good because the snakes metabolism won't drop enough so will still be using body resources without being fed
gingerpony Posted - 23/09/2010 : 09:37:22
you're best off investing on Kathy and Bill Love's book..............
Brookestar Posted - 23/09/2010 : 01:12:12
you need to reduce the temp to around 10c and as for the male just make sure he is fed up afterwards but shouldnt have too many problems

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000