The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 when youu bred snakes,,,,,,,

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/08/2010 : 20:40:10
when youu breed snakes, do youu get only one type of morph or does it depend on wat types of morph the 2 snakes are? :)

and and anddddd..............cuz i want to also want to know which morph people think that would be good to breed wiv Tangoo cuz i was thinkingg opposite colours to wat he is :) xxx
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 07/09/2010 : 00:39:46
kk thank youu!! btw just found this hahaa sorry! :P xx
eeji Posted - 30/08/2010 : 19:52:58
a great site to help you understand how it all works is: http://www.vmsherp.com/LearningCenter.htm
n/a Posted - 26/08/2010 : 11:44:20
hahaa same tbhh :) in about a years time think we shal be the experts on here as well ;D hahaaa xxx
FiestaSTLou Posted - 26/08/2010 : 10:10:47
sdont worry iv been trying to figure it out for weeks n still dont get it, im hopeing ill slowly pick it up in time :)
n/a Posted - 25/08/2010 : 17:13:37
hahaa am cr*p at understandingg these things :P xx
n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 23:20:41
phew that was hard work......

ha ha only joking....
n/a Posted - 21/08/2010 : 21:38:41
okay thanks for your help :) lol xx
gmac Posted - 21/08/2010 : 21:36:22
using a female without the amel gene will get you rootbeers
n/a Posted - 21/08/2010 : 21:34:38
ohhh ritee kk :) nd how would i get rootbeers then cuz they look relii nicee :D xx
gmac Posted - 21/08/2010 : 21:31:44
Creamsicles are amel corns x rat snake, so yes your creamsicle has the amel gene. if you bred tango with a snow you would get creamsicles. you wont get normals from breeding anything with your creamsicle, normals is a corn trait not a hybrid
n/a Posted - 21/08/2010 : 21:27:53
oh rootbeers look quite nice tho lol :) nd so basically does tangoo have the amel gene then nd so would the hatchlings probably be rootbeers, creamsickles or normals :/ xx
gmac Posted - 21/08/2010 : 21:22:57
to get a color morph from a snow you would need to breed with any other morph with the anery or amel gene, that way you would get either amels or aneries or snows depending on the males genes. If the snake you use does not have either of these genes all the offspring will be normals.

rootbeer

n/a Posted - 21/08/2010 : 21:17:18
sorry lol i basically mean if the female was a snow corn snake or any other type of corn snake other than a creamsickle, would all the hatchlings be different colours nd that :) nd wat colours are rootbeer ones? :) xx
gmac Posted - 21/08/2010 : 21:11:48
dont understand what you mean do you mean a snow or granite with tango, if so what ypu would get from the snow x creamsicle is creamsicles and rootbeers, from granite x ceamsicle you would get rootbeers only. To breed morphs each snake used to breed must carry the same gene.

n/a Posted - 21/08/2010 : 21:02:40
ahh ritee okay :) wat if it was a snow or granite corn snake, does it change the colours on the snakes if youu get wat i mean lol btw sorry if i sound relii stupid askingg things like this :) xx
gmac Posted - 21/08/2010 : 20:50:34
Tango is a hybrid (Rat x corn) you would only get either creamsicles or rootbeers depending on the female you breed with, if you breed with a female with the amel gene you will get creamsicles, and possibly rootbeers depending if the female is visually amel or het amel, and if you breed with any other morph without the amel gene you will get rootbeers. Either way they will not be true corns but Hybrids.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000