The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Double Clutch!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
IncurableFlirt Posted - 01/08/2010 : 18:22:23
Totally awesome news. Since I was only able to get 7 viable eggs out of Apopha's first clutch, I did a little research on double clutching to see if it was something that was possible. She was the proper weight and had taken several meals.....and having regained her strength enough, I felt that it was within the bounds of "doable". So, I introduced her to Adam again. This time, since I was in control of the situation, I was able to catch them "locked" (though I forgot to take pictures, sorry!) and was then aware that she was probably gravid. Once she went into her pre-lay shed, I knew she needed a moss box to lay in, so I got everything prepared for her, so she wouldn't have to have them in the substrate like the first time. After she shed, she became highly active, looking for a way out of her enclosure and then I just went to check on her and found these! 22 eggs AGAIN, only two of which look like they are probably slugs this time. I'm so excited, I can't see straight. The two probably slugs are at the bottom of the picture and are kind of an orange-y cream color. And so...the waiting begins once more.

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lrv2307 Posted - 10/12/2010 : 11:59:56
oh congrats lol
cant wait to see um, hope its in jan then i can buy one or two from you ;o)

hehehe, and in responce to that person who questions........

oh cant wait.......what colours are the parants?
n/a Posted - 10/12/2010 : 11:49:28
I've been to a few reptile stores in bristol and MOST comersal places, (or even independent) will actually buy hatchlings from you, they do they're own health checks to insure that they can be sold after-wards. (this is in bristol dunno about other places?)

I'm new to Having a corn snake but, I know plenty or people that will buy corn snakes, they are so so popular! as long as you know plenty of places to sale them your fine. (trade-it,prelovedpets, forums etc etc)

GREAT CLUTCH! would love to see the hatchlings once they are born!
hiper2009 Posted - 22/11/2010 : 15:45:55
quote:
Originally posted by Maisimadu

lol, it isn't really my bussines, but i am going to mate my corn some day... so i wondered that wat well he/she do with the snakes...like, how will he/she get rid of so many snakeys.

She will most prob sell them !!

Well done any idea's on what morphs your expecting ?

Edited : Forgot to add my colour blue lol.
n/a Posted - 22/11/2010 : 13:10:19
lol, it isn't really my bussines, but i am going to mate my corn some day... so i wondered that wat well he/she do with the snakes...like, how will he/she get rid of so many snakeys.
Mort13 Posted - 22/11/2010 : 10:59:12
Ooh conratulations!! Looking forward to seeing the results in your future *pippers* pics. You know you've got to provide us with pics again. They were just too cute!
lotabob Posted - 22/11/2010 : 00:15:36
Aww I bet your so excited, I'd love to one day watch a clutch through to hatching and look after the little hatchlings and all that goes with it. To watch each one hatch and feed them up ready for the wide world. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that.
eeji Posted - 21/11/2010 : 23:38:28
quote:
Originally posted by Maisimadu

as i ask all ppl : WHAT THE HELL are you going to do with 27 corn snakes...
i dont understand u ppl, its problably cool seeing them hatch and see theyr colorfullness but where are u gonna put them, how will u sell them before being financialy destroied?

Polite response:
People with 27+ cornsnakes know exactly what they are doing and what the financial implications are, otherwise we wouldn't have 27+ cornsnakes.

Not polite response:
WHAT THE HELL has it got to do with you?

(sorry mods)

anyway, back on topic.... Congrats! what colour noses are you expecting to pip?
Kehhlyr Posted - 21/11/2010 : 23:02:00
Woo, well done Flirt.

Got any idea of potential morphs??
gmac Posted - 21/11/2010 : 20:48:55
Maisimadu, what other people breed corns for is their business and not for you to question especially in this manner.

So before this thread heads off even more in the wrong direction it stops now.
Tiffany-x Posted - 21/11/2010 : 20:01:10
And what will you do if you get a load of grassxcorns that no one will ever want? Sorry, but dont question other people when you are trying something beyond silly?
n/a Posted - 21/11/2010 : 19:55:15
as i ask all ppl : WHAT THE HELL are you going to do with 27 corn snakes...
i dont understand u ppl, its problably cool seeing them hatch and see theyr colorfullness but where are u gonna put them, how will u sell them before being financialy destroied?
connorg96 Posted - 21/11/2010 : 19:02:25
how old is your female and length
is tihs her first time breeding
Sizzlesmum Posted - 01/08/2010 : 22:38:03
Congrats

As you say, now the waiting begins

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000