The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 double clutch advise

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pitcher Posted - 18/07/2010 : 10:59:18
Hey all, i post 4 days ago bout the butter corn i picked up that had double clutch'd after i got her. she hadn't shed but then dropped 5 eggs (as per other post) although they look to have come to nothing but now she is clearly showing more eggs inside her and she is residing constantly in a damp mossy hide. it has been 4 days since the last 5 eggs and im getting a little worried now. could she have just been expelling 'bad' eggs or should i take her to a vet? she still has had no shed yet... do they shed prior to a double clutch?

thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/07/2010 : 20:37:56
Ahh i thought with it being so long since she started laying that they may have given her eggs, but i have no experience with that type of thing so am just going by what i have read on here.
pitcher Posted - 20/07/2010 : 19:33:46
no jabs as he thought clover looked healthy enough and wanted me to first try encouraging her to pass the eggs naturally by bathing in reptoboost. jabs are the next stage if bathing isn't successful.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/07/2010 : 19:05:10
Did he give her any jabs or anything?
pitcher Posted - 20/07/2010 : 16:58:53
quick update

Took 'clover' to the vets today and thankfully he says she seems perfectly healthy and that she may just be having trouble passing the egg as he says it does seem big.... anyhow i've been recommended to bath clover twice a day for 15mins and add reptoboost to the water and see if that helps and monitor her activeness to ensure she's not getting to weak. if not then back to the vets early next week. well fingers crossed
Mouse Posted - 19/07/2010 : 23:49:16
Take her to a vet, she could well be eggbound. Once they start laying, they don't stop unless there's a problem.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/07/2010 : 12:21:27
I have no experience with breeding mate but remember one of the other members who does breed saying that they do not always shed before laying when they have double clutched. So if she is having trouble laying i would personally take her to a vet.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000