The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 <space> or lack of it

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 24/06/2010 : 21:02:55
Ok, I just realized that i suck at math...

When i was counting all the eggs i got a month or 2 ago i figured im gonna be fine with my baby racks as i had 26 eggs more than i had boxes. Some eggs always die, so it should work out great.

Now i have filled the racks and i still have 12 clutches in the incubator... I forgot to calculate with the second clutches.
Also the next reptile expo got cancelled, so i cant sell anything there.
Im gonna have like 200 hatchlings too many if about 90% of the eggs i have left hatch.
I have to find room for all these young until the end of august and if they (about 600 snakes) eat 2 pinkies / week (the pinkies are now up to about 1 euro/each as the silly rodentbreeders also realized that everyone need pinkies now) im gonna be broke soon ...lol

Seeing all the hatchlings getting the KEEPER stamp on their boxes, im not looking forward to the season im starting to breed them.. Im gonna need to build atleast 3-4 more baby racks by then.

/end rant
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 06/07/2010 : 23:35:41
Yeah, I will prob do that this year, I ****ed it up last year, so this year I wanted to prove I could still do it, and may have over done it slightly, in hindsight its just as well I didn't do all the pairings I thought of, that would have been slightly mental!
eeji Posted - 06/07/2010 : 21:25:01
i struggled like mad last year, most went out wholesale so its small time for a few years until the higher end morphs are breeding age :)
mikerichards Posted - 06/07/2010 : 14:54:23
I kinda wish i hadnt done so many, i got a little carried away! still gotta see if i can shift these yet!
eeji Posted - 05/07/2010 : 23:30:51
woops!

I've got a mega easy season this year, only 3 clutches! :D
mikerichards Posted - 05/07/2010 : 21:14:40
I am now running out of space, luckily I only have another 20 eggs in the incubator! Only had one second clutch and it was a bad one, saying that, I got 2 that could still!!
Kellog Posted - 29/06/2010 : 05:27:11
I just cant begin to imagine trying to juggle the space you need to keep all these eggs and hatchlings, let alone the time to look after them....especially you Polcher....

....and you definitely suck at maths !

xxx
kdlang Posted - 25/06/2010 : 11:34:04
If either of you would like to ship a bunch of them to me, I'm sure I can find space to keep look after them for you
mikerichards Posted - 25/06/2010 : 06:25:52
Lol, happy days! I am in a similar situation, but on a smaller scale, I have just had to give all my hatchling tubs to a mate as my hogg is now due to drop today or tomorro, ontop of 14 eggs due imminently, and another 40 due in the next 2 weeks. Luckily, for the first few weeks I use live food tubs for the corns, I have loads spare and can fit over 100 in the rack, but not with all the hatchling tubs!
I am gonna use 3 3ft heatmats and a 4ft on the floor for the boas!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000