The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Hatchlings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/06/2010 : 22:37:13
My snake eggs started hatching on the 4th june. I have been told not to feed them until they have had a first shed. Can anyone help please.

moved to breeding section
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 14/06/2010 : 13:18:36
Yes feed them after the shed. Some eat straight after they shed, some you may need to wait a bit longer before they eat. Feed or try and feed every 5 days and feed with day old pinkies as they are the perfect size for them. Don't be put of if they don't eat straight away, you just have to keep trying. Warming the mouses up or leaving the box with the pinky on the side of the heatmat helps and if you leave them overnight with no-one or nothing else in the room works well.
crazy JJ Posted - 14/06/2010 : 12:53:36
hiya n welcome to the forum, hope your having fun with ya lil ns :D
Mouse Posted - 14/06/2010 : 10:58:32
hiya and welcome! Good luck with your shoelaces!
n/a Posted - 12/06/2010 : 22:48:29
That is correct.
First of all, separate all the hatchlings in boxes whith airholes (have to mention that as someone put their newborn in airtight containers last year and killed all of them) and water!
I wait until the first shed that happens around one week after hatching and then i wait for another 1 or 2 days.
When feeding the hatchlings i always try with frozen/thawed pinkies first and leave those in the box over night or even 24 hours. A tip is to make a cut in the neck of each pinkie and press out a drop of blood (increases the chanses of getting them to take the pray).
If the pinkie is still in the box in the morning try with live pinkies.
Try to get them to take thawed food as soon as possible and live pinkies are usually a pain to find (around here atleast).

Welcome to the forums :)

/Magnus

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000