The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Corn snake breeding cycle

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
inkiepixie Posted - 11/06/2010 : 10:31:07
Can anyone point me to somewhere that gives all the lowdown on how corn snakes breed? I have no idea for example how long it takes from mating to fertilisation to laying to hatching, or whether mummy snakes look after their eggs in the wild, how breeders look after eggs etc. etc. I'm not really thinking of breeding my lot (AFAIK they're all female anyway) but I'm really interested in the ins and outs of it all.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
inkiepixie Posted - 11/06/2010 : 13:31:52
Cheers peeps :)
mikerichards Posted - 11/06/2010 : 12:53:32
There is a load of info in this section about general breeding, however, I don't think it will answer everything, so..
Fertilisation to laying is about 6 weeks, usually the snake will shed approx 7 days before laying. From the point of laying its about 55 days incubation at 27.5 degrees C, humidity for the eggs needs to be as close to 100% as possible.
The female, mother, will not stay with the eggs, they are not maternal in the slightest!
Breeders only part in caring for the eggs is to make sure humidity and temps are constant and right, there's little more to than that!
herriotfan Posted - 11/06/2010 : 11:47:16
There is a section about breeding on the home-page of the forum somewhere, possibly in the caresheet? Have to admit I haven't looked at it for a while so can't remember if it will answer all your questions! Go looky...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000