The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Getting humidity right

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 06/06/2010 : 12:40:47
my corn had her second clutch this week and i'm finding it hard to get the humidity right because the eggs are starting to collapse, one of the eggs is infertile and nine are still white but collapsing. I am using an old food tub with lid and have pierced holes in the sides for ventilation and a small hole in the top lid for the sensor to go through, i am using a heat mat and a microclimate to incubate in a large Styrofoam box and using vermiculite and sphagnum moss to cover eggs, the eggs are half buried and i get alot of condensation on the lid of the food container but the eggs still collapse. Any Suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 07/06/2010 : 22:35:05
If i was you i would cover the holes, all of them, the eggs will be fine, dont keep opening the lid on them, except once a week. That way the moisture will stay in with the eggs. It sounds like the vermiculite is not wet enough to sustain the humidity, so might be worth pouring some luke warm water around the edges of the tub, not loads just a little, that way there is plenty of moisture in tehre to keep the humidity up.
n/a Posted - 06/06/2010 : 13:53:08
im not expert but some of the previous post have emntioned putting a jar of water in to keep humidity high. im sure someone with a bit more knowlegde will be on soon but thats just from previous posts i've seen that as an idea

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000