The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Strike Two!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
elament Posted - 05/06/2010 : 10:28:32
Fed my two last night and predictably Xena nearly had the tips of my fingers off. She has only got to see a large pinky these days and strikes immediately with no warning. I had already put Colins medium adult into his viv on his feeding plate (dvd cover) but he was hiding under his bark and after feeding Xena I was feeling brave so i lifted the bark and wiggled the mouse about three inches from his face and oh boy did i get it. He immediately launched himself across the viv and how he didnt tag me was a miracle. Obviously after three feeds on the trot he is now back in feeding mode after his fasting and has gone back to the striking ferocious feeder he was..
Back to the tonges me thinks lol.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 08/06/2010 : 08:28:02
Fingers x'd for you judith I hope they gobble them mices down for you
Kellog Posted - 08/06/2010 : 05:10:59
quote:
Originally posted by elament

.......its this site that has kept me sane through all this and the help I have recieved on here has been invaluable.

Cheers

Steve

That is exactly how I feel about this forum Steve. I found it when I went through this for the first time with Kellog last year, and it just happened it start when I offered him his first feed. He refused it and kept refusing and I was convinced I was doing something wrong. Then I came here and I have said it many times before - they kept me sane while I drove them crazy with my paranoid neurotic newbie questions. But they got me, and Kellog, through it....and it is why they cant get rid of me now !!

xxx

(trying to feed Silvesta again today....he seems to have calmed down so am hopeful but not holding my breath. Kellog also calming down but just gone blue....so will offer him a mouse after he has shed and see what happens....)
elament Posted - 06/06/2010 : 12:18:44
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

This is so unfair!!!!!!!!!!! (not that I am not pleased for you of course Stephen ). Why cant my 2 follow Colin's example ??!!!

It is great news though and I am so glad you have told us....I know (all too well ) how worrying it is when they arent eating, even if we do know that it is totally natural that they arent....but all you want is to get some food down them .

Colin is there and hopefully Kellog and Silvesta will soon follow suit. And the fact he launched himself at you like that must have been amazing (and a serious shock )....so good to see!

As for Xena....that snake defies words in the way she has survived and thrived....she truly lives up to her name!

xxx

Colin was out last night and again you could see he was in hunting mode. I may be imagining it but he already looks like he has put weight back on so yes Judith I am well happy he is now back on form again. Hopefully your two will follow suit now and start behaving again. With regards to Xena to be fair she kept me going through this. Like I said in an earlier post it was her I was most concerned about given her history and every time Colin refused my silver lining was her scoffing down pinkies. The worst time was when I tried her on a fuzz and she regurged. Whilst she has grown a good nine inches since I have had her she is still quite small proportionately so I wont be trying that again for a while perhaps until she sheds again next time. I am going to put her back on double large pinks next week so fingers crossed.
Thanks everyone for the well wishes its this site that has kept me sane through all this and the help I have recieved on here has been invaluable.

Cheers

Steve
n/a Posted - 06/06/2010 : 09:57:13
both of ours strike. tiggs almost takes the tongs with her pinky. good to see they back on their food for ya :D
Kellog Posted - 06/06/2010 : 04:29:08
This is so unfair!!!!!!!!!!! (not that I am not pleased for you of course Stephen ). Why cant my 2 follow Colin's example ??!!!

It is great news though and I am so glad you have told us....I know (all too well ) how worrying it is when they arent eating, even if we do know that it is totally natural that they arent....but all you want is to get some food down them .

Colin is there and hopefully Kellog and Silvesta will soon follow suit. And the fact he launched himself at you like that must have been amazing (and a serious shock )....so good to see!

As for Xena....that snake defies words in the way she has survived and thrived....she truly lives up to her name!

xxx
mozacchio Posted - 05/06/2010 : 15:07:55
Glad everything is back to normal..!
I love it when they strike!
Matt_Brooks Posted - 05/06/2010 : 13:22:23
Wouldnt be a threat***
Matt_Brooks Posted - 05/06/2010 : 13:21:44
Ive got all this to come yet! Little Cleo doesnt want to strike yet but she doesnt really need to as a pinkie would be a threat to her!
elament Posted - 05/06/2010 : 12:52:32
Colin is fast but Xena is like lightning you dont get any warning
herriotfan Posted - 05/06/2010 : 12:08:16
They're amazingly quick aren't they! Can come as a bit of a shock.
n/a Posted - 05/06/2010 : 11:46:23
Welcome to my life, bahaha! That's exactly how Ruby feeds, been striking and coiling every feed since I brought her home. Good little hunter, but it makes me jump a mile every time :P

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000