The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Double Pinks Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matt_Brooks Posted - 04/06/2010 : 20:24:28
When feeding double pinks is there a certain way of doing it? Do you feed one let it eat and then give another or follow the 1st pink with the second so the snake is always eating if you follow me?

Thanks Matt
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 06/06/2010 : 04:44:30
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Brooks

well fed Cleo this morning and took all your advice. She ate the first fine and then the second fine once the first had settled in the middle.

Thanks Matt

That is great to hear Matt, I am really pleased it went so well and that we could be of some help . It is lovely knowing that she is growing and thriving and moving up in the world !!

xxx
Matt_Brooks Posted - 05/06/2010 : 10:19:03
well fed Cleo this morning and took all your advice. She ate the first fine and then the second fine once the first had settled in the middle.

Thanks Matt
Kellog Posted - 05/06/2010 : 03:54:19
I know that you can follow the first pinkie with the second straight away....and with pinkies it probably wont cause too much of a problem, but I would think ahead.

I feed Silvesta 2 medium mice and there is no way it would do him any good to immediately follow one after the other....which is what he might expect if that is what had been done when he had previous multiple feeds (have only had him as an adult so dont know his history).

I am the same as the others in that I wait until the first mouse has moved to half way down his body before offering him the second. And then wait until that has moved to join the first 'bump' before moving him back into his viv.

I just feel you need to give the snake the chance to 'swallow' the first before moving on to the second.

xxx

eeji Posted - 04/06/2010 : 23:31:40
i just leave 2 pinkys in the tub, and if they get eaten then they get eaten :)
gmac Posted - 04/06/2010 : 22:15:59
We only ever had to follow on with the 2nd one when we were assisting the royal, this was to keep the eating motion going and not causing too much stress. Otherwise as the above have said
DannyBrown91 Posted - 04/06/2010 : 21:44:36
I let the first pinky work its way down and then offer the 2nd.

I have read about following on with the 2nd, was considering doing it with Reggie as sometimes he takes no notice of the 2nd fluff but since he is still putting on weight i think i'll leave him be.
Big Stew Posted - 04/06/2010 : 21:31:42
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

i used to let it eat one and then when it was in the thickest part of the snake offer the second

That's just the same as I do it , seems to work OK for Harri.
Matt_Brooks Posted - 04/06/2010 : 20:41:45
I thought thats what you did, i can remeber reading on some other forum about following the 2nd straight in.

Thanks Hannah
HannahB Posted - 04/06/2010 : 20:37:34
i used to let it eat one and then when it was in the thickest part of the snake offer the second

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000