The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 OMG...Amazing!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 04/06/2010 : 11:55:15
I'm SO lucky. I watched Sid shed yesterday sitting with my nephew on the sofa. It was really amazing. He started off by pushing his nose against the cushions then he went under my nephews t-shirt. Then he came out very slowly with the head part starting to peel back. He just slithered his way out and left behind a perfect shed.
Awesome to watch. A bright shiney snake emerging from perfect 'white lace' is a sight to behold! I can't quite take it in that I've been so lucky. Wow, it was so amazing! I'm still really excited about it...you'd never guess would you?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 04/06/2010 : 18:57:24
I've seen a few of mine in the act, never had it happen to me before, I'd prefer to let them do it themselves and help them if need be personally, but you can't force them to start shedding or know exactly, after coming out of blue when theyr'e going to shed.

Mustv'e been fun Angela!
HannahB Posted - 04/06/2010 : 16:42:29
its so cool - mont shed for us the other day and me n luke got to watch it.. just playing the waiting game now with aura
Kellog Posted - 04/06/2010 : 13:05:30
That is amazing Angela....I bet you couldnt believe it and I can just imagine your nephew sat there in shock! Your description of 'A bright shiney snake emerging from perfect 'white lace' is a sight to behold!' is a perfect one....

Unfortunately had a not so good experience of handling Silvesta through a shed a couple of nights ago. He has shed twice with us before, clean full sheds and always in the couple of hours between me going back to bed and getting up in the morning . Had just shut down computer when I heard noise in his viv (think it was about 4.30am)....so thought, fantastic I am finally going to see him shed. What I saw was horrible, all ragged round his head and he was obviously struggling. So got him out with the damp towels and then had the experience of him shedding the last third cleanly through my hands....which is amazing. But he was left with retained shed that has caused a problem....so I would much rather have missed it and come down to a nice clean full shed like all those other times .

Hope we are going to get some pics of Hissin Sid looking all bright and shiny!

xxx
elament Posted - 04/06/2010 : 12:30:52
Wow you are soooo lucky. I have had my two ages and even tho they shed like clockwork on certain days after going pale I have never seen it (they seem to know when i am out of the room)
mozacchio Posted - 04/06/2010 : 12:10:17
You are too lucky!
Now, i'm jealous..!
n/a Posted - 04/06/2010 : 12:07:51
i've not seen ours shed the OH's uncle seen houdi shed the other day. i hope to be that lucky some day. congrats i bet its amazing to watch
n/a Posted - 04/06/2010 : 12:06:07
Holy wow, that's awesome! :D
newsnakekeeper Posted - 04/06/2010 : 12:01:14
You lucky person i have never seen my snake shed the twice he has since i got him bet your nephew was excited as well.

By the way Herriotfan no i would never have guess u was exicted at all watching your snake shed lol

Congrats on it though

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000