The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Can you pop your own snake???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/06/2010 : 14:59:10
I was wondering could you use the "popping" method, (hold gently just above the vent and slowly push upwards with pressure until the hemipenes pop out or not)
to your own snake or will you hurt it? should it be done a professional ? because i've seen videos on it, and it looks so easy but that may not be the case . And this is to determine the gender of my snake for those who don't know.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 05/06/2010 : 10:14:05
I was so intrigued hillzi I looked up your fem fatale and yes I am immune. Now if you had been talking Cheryl Cole I might have pushed me pie aside
elament Posted - 04/06/2010 : 21:04:46
Really? I thought it was only males that went daft, just goes to show you learn something new every day on this site. Maybe Colin is a Coleen and just dont like New magazine. Will try a copy of chat instead
Sta~ple Posted - 04/06/2010 : 19:26:31
quote:
Originally posted by elament

I'd just wait till its about three foot long then if it goes mental at this time of year, goes off its food and starts trying to escape the viv like its life depends on it then its male.

Um... my female does that...

The tale method sucks as well as it can de[pend on the weight on the snake.

I read that it is nly really safe to pop snakes up to a certain age as if they are quite old it can hurt them somhow but I don;t know if it's true. I've read peoples comments on youtube that popped theor snake for the first time and um they found out it was male because they squeezed wrong and um white stuff came out XD
hillzi Posted - 04/06/2010 : 19:06:54
quote:

Never mind Hillzi give it thirty or so years and you will be immune and find yourself more attracted to a picture of a pie

i dont think ANYONE could be immune to miss Kardashian..

elament Posted - 04/06/2010 : 13:15:41
Never mind Hillzi give it thirty or so years and you will be immune and find yourself more attracted to a picture of a pie
hillzi Posted - 03/06/2010 : 22:41:02
quote:

Oh it is. Its what my Colin did and he is defo male. I showed him my wifes copy of new magazine and he wasnt a bit interested

What do you mean? I only happen to know Kim Kardashian in a bikini was in the OK magazine or whatever last week as my step mum reads them and I normally ignore the crap, but then i saw kimmy....
matty18714 Posted - 03/06/2010 : 22:38:35
lol
elament Posted - 03/06/2010 : 22:37:01
Oh it is. Its what my Colin did and he is defo male. I showed him my wifes copy of new magazine and he wasnt a bit interested
matty18714 Posted - 03/06/2010 : 22:28:58
quote:

I'd just wait till its about three foot long then if it goes mental at this time of year, goes off its food and starts trying to escape the viv like its life depends on it then its male.

Thats not really very accurate
elament Posted - 03/06/2010 : 20:06:35
n/a Posted - 03/06/2010 : 19:44:41
Would definately recommend getting a professional, too much of a risk hurting your snake.
n/a Posted - 03/06/2010 : 17:43:02
okay :) cheers for the replies i won't do it myself then :)
hiper2009 Posted - 03/06/2010 : 16:06:41
You can cause prolapse or even break its spine if you don't know what your doing.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/06/2010 : 16:03:17
As hannah said it really shouldn't be done unless you have the experience to do so. It may look easy but it isn't and you could seriously injure your snake.

Popping can also only be done on young snakes.

Your local rep shop will probably be able to sex it for you. from my experience even some reptile shops don't know how to pop and use probes to sex their snakes.
HannahB Posted - 03/06/2010 : 15:13:19
it may look easy but if an unexperienced person does it theres an increased chance that some major damage could be done - spine snapped ect and other internal injuries..
best thing to do is go to the local rep shop and they should do it for free

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000