The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Regurgitated before shedding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CoN Posted - 31/05/2010 : 15:02:30
Hi peeps.
This morning I woke up, did may daily check on Alice and Kevin. And found regurgitated pinkie in Alice`s Viv.
I fed Alice last Thursday (4 days ago). BUT I`ve handled Alice yesterday and saw she is showing signs of starting to shed (slightly milky eyes)
and Ive put her back straight away! Might that be why she regurgitated coz of shedding? Or both?

It was definitely a regurgitated pinkie (could see its feet, head and body) The Viv temp is fine, she drinks water often and her vents are clear.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CoN Posted - 03/06/2010 : 08:18:54
Hey Judith, were reading my post I should have stated it more clear. She regurgitated both pinkies :(
I'm keeping a close eye on her, but looks like the shedding stage is going well.
Kellog Posted - 02/06/2010 : 12:09:01
quote:
Originally posted by CoN

BTW sorry for posting in wrong section, feel like an idiot!!

Dont worry about it Neels, you are fine posting here....only reason I suggested moving it was because there was such a long gap between Alice feeding and regurging, so you would probably get better advice from those mods that keep an eye on the health section - having said that they all keep an eye on everywhere so you will probably get the same reply here!

At least she did digest and keep down one pinkie, it is just a shame (and strange) that she regurged the 2nd pinkie almost undigested after such a long period of time.

I wish I had the answer for you....

xxx
CoN Posted - 01/06/2010 : 21:04:47
BTW sorry for posting in wrong section, feel like an idiot!!
CoN Posted - 01/06/2010 : 21:00:04
Judith Im buying two digital thermometer as we speak, Im measuring with the old school thermometer. I`m using a Habistat Mat Stat thermostat set at 29C and the sensor is on top of the heatmat. After she ate she stayed in her hide most of the time.
Ive fed her two small pinkies.

Thanks again for your help Judith!
Kellog Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:59:45
I must admit that the fact that Alice has regurgitated a pinkie 4 days after being fed (and that it was still recognizable as a pinkie with feet, head and body) is a concern Neels.

What are the temps in her viv and are you measuring them with a digital thermometer? Has she stayed in the warm side during the period after feeding? It sounds as though she has hardly begun to digest it despite it being so long after feeding. Was she fed just the one pinkie?

This is a good link that gives info about regurgitation - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792

As you will see from it you must leave her for the 10 days to allow her digestive system time to recover. I have gone through this once with Silvesta....and I just hope that it is a one-off with Alice as well.

Mods - could this be moved to the health section for better advise?

xxx
herriotfan Posted - 31/05/2010 : 17:47:20
Might be best to just leave her alone for 10 days to give her digestive system time to settle and replenish all it's natural juices and chemicals before feeding again. I'd not handle either for same reason. Maybe our experts will advise differently, I'd do what they suggest!
n/a Posted - 31/05/2010 : 15:20:14
our tiggs did that on us too. shes only shed once since we had her but she was regurgitated right before

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000