The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 He did it!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mrsT Posted - 30/05/2010 : 09:20:11
I've only had Jake 3 weeks and he's been feeding on 2 pinkies,so this week i tried him on a fuzzy!with the pinkies he was just eating them straight down.....no hunting skills involved
this time with the fuzzy i wiggled it about in front him and he struck it twice and constricted around it!!!it was sooo awesome!!its only the 3rd time i've fed him.
cant wait til next week,gonna be ready with the video camera.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 08/06/2010 : 04:59:14
quote:
Originally posted by mrsT

......nice strike but no constricting this time but nevermind theres always next week
........he's really starting to gain confidence now.i opened the viv doors last night and he actually came over and sniffed my hand instead of backing up into his hide,and he seems to be coming out and exploring his viv more too

That is all great news Carly. Dont worry about the constricting. Jake may do it next time or he may not....some do, some dont, some just like to keep us guessing . I know it is wonderful being able to watch them feed like they would in the wild but what is important is that he is feeding (says she who has 2 males who havent eaten for over 2 months !!). Just give him time, give the fuzzy a little wriggle and hopefully he will strike and constrict for you again soon .

It is lovely when you can see that they are really beginning to feel safe and secure and at home. I am sure you love watching Jake venture out in his viv more and to have him actually choose to come up to your hand must have been wonderful.....

One thing to remember is that he is feeling this confident and happy because of how well you are dealing with him....he is picking up on your vibes and responding to them....so well done to you and to Jake!!

xxx
mrsT Posted - 06/06/2010 : 16:37:38
well i fed him again yesterday.......nice strike but no constricting this time but nevermind theres always next week
we did manage to film it all but for some reason it won't upload onto you tube but i have posted a short vid of him in the video section just to show him off
he's really starting to gain confidence now.i opened the viv doors last night and he actually came over and sniffed my hand instead of backing up into his hide,and he seems to be coming out and exploring his viv more too
Kellog Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:40:58
quote:
Originally posted by mrsT

meant to ask - now he's on bigger portions do i still need to feed him every 7 days or leave it longer?

As he is on fuzzies now then it is fine to feed him every week still, you dont want to make the gap between feeds any longer yet....he has a lot of growing still to do .

xxx
Mouse Posted - 01/06/2010 : 11:46:58
Good plan, I keep one charged and on top of the viv, just in case!!
mrsT Posted - 31/05/2010 : 22:15:03
really didnt expect it at all!
my camera will def be charged,poised and ready......so its all down down to him now no pressure jake lol
really cant wait for saturday to come!!

edit: meant to ask - now he's on bigger portions do i still need to feed him every 7 days or leave it longer?
Kellog Posted - 31/05/2010 : 02:56:15
That is fantastic news Carly ! Firstly that he took the fuzzy so well and secondly that he struck and constricted ....I bet you didnt expect that!

Unfortunately I got both mine as adults and Kellog has obviously never 'learnt' true hunting skills....so the most I get from him is a lazy strike and maybe throwing a loop or two over the mouse as if to say 'This is mine, dont touch!'. Silvesta, on the other hand, does strike and constrict....which was amazing the first time I saw it as he constricted into a ball and rolled around the feeding RUB!

(of course, this is when they are eating which neither of them are at the moment !!)

These sorts of things always happen when the camera is either out of reach or has a flat battery....or when you do have the camera poised and ready your corn decides not to perform !! Lets hope Jake proves me wrong !

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 30/05/2010 : 23:43:23
Congrats, Its great watching them constrict isn't it. I bet you that was a great suprise :).
stotty01 Posted - 30/05/2010 : 22:58:02
i cant wait to feeed my one :D
mrsT Posted - 30/05/2010 : 22:13:56
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

That's good :D I hope in front of the camera that he doesn't become shy!

yeah i'm hoping he doesn't get stage fright!
HannahB Posted - 30/05/2010 : 16:58:29
its always good when they start to show natural behaviour
Sta~ple Posted - 30/05/2010 : 13:54:07
That's good :D I hope in front of the camera that he doesn't become shy!
kdlang Posted - 30/05/2010 : 09:53:47
Thats great. Alice only constricts when the mood takes him, which is very rarely and its usually pretty halfhearted when he does.
n/a Posted - 30/05/2010 : 09:38:29
Yay you, that's awesome! :D
mrsT Posted - 30/05/2010 : 09:33:48
after reading a couple of posts on here i really wasn't expecting him to do it for quite some time - if at all,so i was so shocked when he did!
mozacchio Posted - 30/05/2010 : 09:28:54
Constricted so soon?
You are very lucky!
I'm happy for you..!
herriotfan Posted - 30/05/2010 : 09:27:25
That's really good news. It's awesome when they do that, I love watching our Sidney, he strikes and constricts too. So pleased for you.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000