The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 heat mats and rubs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
misspiggy18 Posted - 30/05/2010 : 09:16:45
hi
i know this girl who apperantly has a baby corn ive never seen heard or even know the name f the snake and she says she keeps her corn in a rub without any heat source she has done this for abou 6 months can u do this i dont think shes on the right lines she even has the cheeck to tell me that i shouldnt bother as i wouldnt be the best owner and i just would starve the snake becuase i dont know that much about feeding thats why im on this site arghhhhh she is so annoying x
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 31/05/2010 : 10:00:15
I didn't mean actually call them as even if yo did they probably wouldn't do anything. I mean if you say that to her it generally kinda scares them and makes them look up on what they are doing wrong and they try and sort the problem fast incase in what they think, the RSPCA do come round. This trick works very well on people with dogs XD

Kellog is right about her maybe lying... we moved onto our house with rabbits and your next door neighbour said he has rabbits in his garage and they we were never allowed to see the and he was lying XD
Kellog Posted - 31/05/2010 : 02:49:16
Definitely agree with Danny and Mick, although I know the sort of person you are talking about and doubt she would take kindly to you suggesting she check us out - you would be indicating to her that she doesnt know what she is talking about and you know how she will react to that!

I dont think the RSPCA is the way to go, they probably wouldnt do anything and you can imagine her reaction as she would know immediately who had reported her.

As she has never mentioned this before until you mentioned getting one, has it crossed your mind that she may not be telling the truth?? Just a thought.

Maybe you could show an interest in it and ask to go round to have a look as you are wanting to learn as much as you can and would appreciate the chance to handle hers??? That way you can see if what she is saying about her set-up is true.

If it is then I am afraid that the outlook for her snake is bleak but there is very little you can do. If you do see it and it is as bad as you think maybe you could mention it to your lecturer and ask him for advise?

xxx
LittleMick Posted - 30/05/2010 : 23:50:45
Ditto on all the above, DB is spot on, get her on this forum

As for the RSPCA, if reported they would prolly do an inspection but may not do anything unless the snake is hurt or in distress. Although just threatening her may do the trick, it did with my sister, lol.
Sta~ple Posted - 30/05/2010 : 21:28:33
you could always try and scare her by saying that the RSPCA will come and get her of she doesn't XD even though that would never happen.
misspiggy18 Posted - 30/05/2010 : 19:37:26
will try to she is one of those people who is stubborn and bitchy but ill give it a go
DannyBrown91 Posted - 30/05/2010 : 13:13:37
Unfortunately i have actually heard a pet shop give advice just like this. He was very ademant that corn snakes didn't need a heat source and even said that if they wanted to warm up would burrow (How he thinks that works bewilders me) but anyway it could be that she got the advice from a pet shop and since she thinks they know what they're talking about she thinks she is doing the right thing.

Is there no chance that you could forward her to this site to show her the error of her ways? It might sound better if the advice is coming from many people who have alot of experience with snakes.
n/a Posted - 30/05/2010 : 09:22:12
Unless she has it very carefully placed at one end next to a radiator(which would be unadvisable) she is not doing the snake any favours. It probably isn't going to kill her corn because they do hibernate during the winter and will survive in the lower temps, however, how good it is for the snake is debatable. She should have a heatmat under one end and when they are only £10 for a small one ideal for a baby corn there isn't really an excuse to get a snake and not provide this basic thing that they need. If she can't get a thermostat to go with it that is a bit of a different discussion as they are very costly, and if you have thermometers and are careful you can get away without one. But she should have a heatmat.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000